Why is my ex-boyfriend so confused?

Sweet Sue

So, my ex-boyfriend reached out to me the other (via text message), and expressed an interest in rekindling the relationship. He told me that

he was missing me very much and hoped that I missed him too. He asked me if I was interested in working out our problems and getting back

together. He still loved me and believes we belong together. My reply to him was that I was not interested in rekindling our relationship. He knows

the reasons were are not together. However, he sent me a text persuading me to "take his hand and love again", "don't grow old and bitter", "chose

to love or hate" and more. When I replied that I am not interested and that in spite of everything, I wished well and that he finds the love and happiness

that he is looking for. End of conversation for me...

He texts me back saying, "so you choose to hate instead of love?" Then added, "you can choose to take my hand or grow old, bitter and angry." I did not

reply. Later that day, I received three emails with quotes such as "when we don't know who to hate, we hate ourselves" Chuck P (invisible Monsters), another said, "Animals don't hate and we're supposed to be better than them", Elvis Presley, and finally, "I imagine one of the reasons people hate so stubbornly is because they sense, that once hate is gone, they will be forced to deal with their pain." James Baldwin

I found his response confusing to say the least. I can't wrap my head around it. The only thing I can figure is that he is projecting HIS fears onto me.

He seems so fixated on the word.....hate and I don't know why. Very strange.

Your thoughts......

Ummmmmm...

He is being extremely NEEDY. He is trying to emotionally manipulate you into going back to him. He is acting like a spoiled child who can't have what he wants.

Needy, whiny, groveling guys are the biggest turn-off for women... are they not?

Cut off all contact, and make sure you have a friend or companion around until you are sure he is not going to stalk you (don't want to make you worry, just sayin')

Ummmmmm...

He is being extremely NEEDY. He is trying to emotionally manipulate you into going back to him. He is acting like a spoiled child who can't have what he wants.

Needy, whiny, groveling guys are the biggest turn-off for women... are they not?

Cut off all contact, and make sure you have a friend or companion around until you are sure he is not going to stalk you (don't want to make you worry, just sayin')

Agree it's a total manipulation and mind f***!

Guy is not right in the head, ignore it, do NOT respond.

If you have the ability to block him, do so NOW.

Just delete trite annoying drivel like this. Sounds like horsecrap he got off facebook. You may have to block him.

I received three emails with quotes such as "when we don't know who to hate, we hate ourselves" Chuck P (invisible Monsters), another said, "Animals don't hate and we're supposed to be better than them", Elvis Presley, and finally, "I imagine one of the reasons people hate so stubbornly is because they sense, that once hate is gone, they will be forced to deal with their pain." James Baldwin

Well, you clearly made the right choice. Do NOT turn back and do not communicate with him again.

He's using the word HATE because it's a a strong word that invokes emotion. He's trying to manipulate you into going back to him- which is ungenerous, uncaring, selfish, immature and disrespectful.

Hold you head high. It was classy to wish him well. His actions have nothing to do with you. He is, at BEST immature and at WORST a super needy creep.

Do NOT contact him again. Block him.

He's a little bit of a drama queen, ya think?

What is so unsettling about his words is he wants you back, yet tries to guilt you into it with his dramatic choice of words. It's a little insulting.

He's basically telling you if you don't take him back then there is something wrong with you. That's no how you win some one back.

It's just not very smart and it's an ugly look on him.

I'd ignore him.

For what it’s worth; the opposite of hatred is not love or vice versa. The opposite of love is indifference or in the Bible, fear, as in the fear of love.

Regardless, he sounds confused and attempting to manipulate you. I’d steer well clear.

Yes, boltnrun.............he's the same one. He believes I am the one hating because I chose not to take him back because he cheated on me and I have trust issues

with him, and he left me for another woman because of my health issues. I don't hate and have no ill will towards him. I just don't want to be in a relationship with him.

I have moved on and wish he would do the same.

Yes, boltnrun.............he's the same one. He believes I am the one hating because I chose not to take him back because he cheated on me and I have trust issues

with him, and he left me for another woman because of my health issues. I don't hate and have no ill will towards him. I just don't want to be in a relationship with him.

I have moved on and wish he would do the same.

Time to block him from contacting you.

It's starting to sound like he's upsetting you. Why do you need one more thing to worry about?

Archived