LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Huge fight with my best friend after a set up

Originally Posted by skittles88
    Yes I’m in the wedding and I’m the maid of honor. My sister thinks I should drop out at this point but I was thinking of telling her I’m not giving a speech at the wedding.
    If you are determined to keep this friend and be in her wedding, then offer her the option of switching out the maid of honor role if you don't intend to give the speech. Otherwise, she has every right to be angry with you for accepting the role while resisting the duties.

The main duty of any MOH is to support the bride and make it about her, not you. Otherwise, take your sister's advice and drop out altogether, but do it now.

In your shoes, I'd spend less time with this friend, and zero time defending myself to her. I have some childhood friends, too, and while I value our history together, there are things I won't put up with--from ANYone--and so, rather than arguing with someone I have no right or ability to change, I keep my distance beyond an occasional brunch to catch up.

Some people are best loved from far away.

How was your meeting yesterday?

Silver Member
    She is your lifelong friend. Don't write her off so easily.

Personally, I don't set up friends. It can get too messy. But...the fact that she tried shows that she cares. Look at it this way: she values and thinks enough of you that she told a guy that you were her friend and that he would like you. She obviously thinks you have something to offer! And she was probably embarrassed by the way you acted--it sounds like you were a pretty miserable date.

If you weren't in to it, you should have said no. Surely you have enough confidence to say no. I doubt she will want to set you up again!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Give Advice
Ask For Advice