Did she fall out of love with me?

Joshua108759

I've been in an "e relationship" with a woman for 8 months. Since she is 5000 miles away, we haven't met yet. We were very very close and open to each other. We said I love you and we kept each other happy. I messed up and snapchatted another girl and saved pictures of her nearly topless. Since then my girlfriend says she "hates me so much right now." She's very mean to me and rejects everything I say. But she still left communication an option for me and does answer all my texts (in a negative way.) She obviously feels very betrayed by me and seems to have lost all respect for me, but I KNOW she misses me. Should I back away from this or should I keep pursuing her? Is it really over? Does she just need time away from me?

I've been in an "e relationship" with a woman for 8 months. Since she is 5000 miles away, we haven't met yet. We were very very close and open to each other. We said I love you and we kept each other happy.

Sorry to break the news to you, but you are not in love if you have never met in person...

I messed up and snapchatted another girl and saved pictures of her nearly topless.

Oh, OK, there you have it... You are NOT in love.

Neither of you is in love with each other. She is NOT your girlfriend if you have never met, just some girl you have flirted with and talked to online.

Move on. Also, if you're saving pics of nearly topless girls on Snapchat, you are not ready for a mature relationship.

Go out and causally date people IRL.

Is there a reason why you've found yourself at this point? Are you able to date locally? Not everyone is as mobile as others or you may be located in a remote area. Loneliness can drive us to do unthinkable things. I think you should try to revisit how all this came about and go over whether this is really the way you'd like to live. I'm sorry things are not working out at the moment. I would step away in general and take a good look over everything. I think you may be grasping at straws and it will cause long term confusion and dysfunction in your personal life.

We were very very close and open to each other. We said I love you and we kept each other happy.

I messed up and snapchatted another girl and saved pictures of her nearly topless. Since then my girlfriend says she "hates me so much right now." She's very mean to me and rejects everything I say. But she still left communication an option for me and does answer all my texts (in a negative way.) She obviously feels very betrayed by me and seems to have lost all respect for me, but I KNOW she misses me. Should I back away from this or should I keep pursuing her? Is it really over? Does she just need time away from me?

I do believe you were close and open with each other and "in love," and yes imo this can happen on line; in fact a friend of mine fell in love with a man who lived 10,000 miles away, interacted with him for a year, they finally met in person and are now happily married with a child, so again yeah it does happen.

There are other stories like this all over the internet.

With respect to feeling in love, it may not be based on anything tangible or even anything that will last lost term, it's mostly fantasy and idealism, but if you feel you love your girlfriend, I for one am not going to invalidate those feelings -- they're your feelings and you're entitled to them.

That said, can you explain how you kept each other happy, given this was all done on line?

I am not judging your relationship, BUT I am very curious as I can't quite wrap my ahead around how you could truly be happy with someone you never see or spend time in person with, regardless of whether you love them or not.

Re "cheating," on one hand you're being told it's not a real relationship but on other you're being told you cheated.

Not quite sure how it can be deemed cheating if it's not even a relationship but whatever.

Re your on line girlfriend, well, I suppose she's entitled to her feelings too and if she feels "betrayed" so be it, not much you can do.

My advice is back off, given how she's feeling, continuing to pursue/chase is only going to annoy her and piss her off, she needs time to calm down and reflect, so leave her alone.

You said she is 5000 miles away, do you have any plans to visit or close this very large distance gap??

If not, this might be for the best, as these types of cyber relationships have a very short life span generally speaking.

This relationship is a fantasy, OP. You have no clue if you'd be compatible in person, no idea what your physical chemistry would be, no real sense of whether you'd be attracted to each other.

Unless and until you are able to meet in person - and very soon - this is waste of time. The risky photos you've saved are not cool, but they're also really beside the point.

Archived