LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Secrets

Secrets

I recently tried to log in to my boyfriends facebook, and succeeded. I found out he hangs around with a load of people that are heavy drug users. He is clearly involved but when hes around me acts all inncoent and naive to drugs. I m very annoyed because I'd rather he but upfront and honest with me. I dont know whether to confront him about or if it would make things worse because he willfind out that I have been snooping.

I 'm not completly against drug use Im just looking out for his safety and I dont like being made to look like a mug

Please help

And when you are around him, do you act all innocent about snooping and not trusting him???

I have asked him in the past about it and he got angry and made out as if I was acusing him and got very defensive

Sorry about the snooping wise crack, but there is a bit of truth to it... I would recommend not snooping.

Now, the fact that he gets defensive says it all! If you are not happy with the drug use, leave him... he won't quit if he won't even admit he uses. And if he gets so angry when you bring it up, then he doesn't need to know why you are leaving. Just tell him it's not working out... he'll figure it out.

Before you confront anyone about their honesty or lack of, you need to get real honest with yourself. If you are truly OK with drugs, then you should also be OK with everything that comes with it - lies, deceit, manipulation, obviously health problems, mental problems, risk of YOU ending up in jail if you happen to be around them and they have drugs hidden when cops come around or you get pulled over, etc.

Somehow I don't think you are actually OK with any of that. He isn't looking to be saved and you aren't OK with drugs. So can you be honest about that and act accordingly?

I understand that people want to experiement and I wouldnt want him to think Im trying to control the situation, I trust that he will be responsible my issue lies more with the fact that he is hiding this from me even though I have confronted him about it before I dont want him to think that I am stupid and naive the situation

And what else is he hiding from you????

I trust that this is the only thing he would hide from me because I think he is worried about how I would react. I know he would never cheat or do anything bad he has my trust 100% in that respect

Originally Posted by RosieD
    I trust that this is the only thing he would hide from me because I think he is worried about how I would react. I know he would never cheat or do anything bad he has my trust 100% in that respect
    Maybe he's just not worried about how you would act if you found out he was cheating

What does it mean that he acts "innocent and naive" to drugs? What does it mean that his friends are "heavy users?"

Regardless, whether he's a sinner or a saint, if you're at the point of invading his privacy, it's probably best to call it quits.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Give Advice
Ask For Advice