LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Secrets

Originally Posted by RosieD
    I have confronted him about it before I dont want him to think that I am stupid and naive the situation
    Have you been treated as stupid and naive by other people? I feel like your self-esteem is low and you're unusually sensitive regarding the stupid and naive ideas others may have of you.

Try and revisit these fears or concepts of stupid and naive and how you react to these concepts with the people closest to you. Saying that you're not against drug use but concerned about his safety is a little far-reaching and you're not fooling anyone. Try to work on any self-esteem issues you may have and if you find yourself attempting to control someone, step back for a little while and ask yourself whether it's worth it even though you may be able to exert your influence. It may not always be the right thing to do.

A lot of people would consider an addict a deal breaker.

Expecting drug users to "be upfront and honest" is like expecting burglars to ring the doorbell. You don't need to look out for his safety, you're not his mother. If you don't like his drug use, druggie friends and lies, just end it. What prompted you to snoop, did you have suspicions?
    Originally Posted by RosieD
    I recently tried to log in to my boyfriends facebook, and succeeded. I found out he hangs around with a load of people that are heavy drug users.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Give Advice
Ask For Advice