LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New partner

New partner

New partner is going away on a men only holiday. We have been seeing each other only 5 months but have a good thing established. He is fit and active but has been trying harder to get in shape for this vacation. It makes me feel uneasy as to why the increased concern regarding his physique. Is this normal when people go on vacation or more indicative he plans to cheat?

Silver Member
    Is it a holiday full of fitness stuff -- hiking, kayaking, etc? Maybe he wants to perform better than his friends or just show off his body. Men tend to be competitive. Don't just jump to the worst conclusion.

Many people diet and try to shape up for vacations, particularly if swimsuits, shorts etc are involved. It's a stretch to construe that as a secret plan to cheat.

No itís not a fitness holiday. It Has been planned a while and is in a party location. Yes I donít want to jump to conclusions .. I just Feel a little suspicious he is trying extra hard to be in great shape for it so that he will attract more women

Platinum Member
    If you believe he is a cheater why are you in a relationship with him?

Yikes! Are you that worried he'll cheat? Why is that? He can cheat just as easily in your location with a few ounces of flab, he doesn't need muscles and a tan to cheat. You can't keep anyone on a leash. Relax.
    Originally Posted by Peanut450
    I just Feel a little suspicious he is trying extra hard to be in great shape for it so that he will attract more women

It's best to trust a partner unless a clearcut sign of cheating slaps you in the face. Secrets never say secrets for long. The only control you have is being a great gf. If that's not enough for him and he is a cheater, you will eventually find out and then you can leave. As for now, just as you would like him to trust you when you have girl's night out, etc., you should do the same for him.

Platinum Member
    This is a situation where you either trust him or you donít.

Realistically - what are you going to do about the situation? Ask him to stop working out so much? Sabotage his diet with cookies? Break up with him because he could possibly cheat?

IMO - you have to put this into the greater context of the relationship. Is he generally loving and committed, trustworthy and loyal? Or is he a little shady, hot and cold, flirts regularly with other women, etc.

I donít think this is anything that you can make any determination on. I think itís potentially a piece to a bigger puzzle and you need to step back and look at the whole.

Platinum Member
    I always try to lose before vacaying, as I know I will be eating things I should't.

Unless it's completely out of character (he went from being a sloth to being obsessed with going to the gym) I don't see why this is an indication that he is up to anything shady.

I like to look good when I go on vacation too... my gym routine doesn't change much as I already go quite often, however I always make sure I am very well groomed before I go away... hair, nails, tan, brows, etc. It helps me feel more confident, self-assured and relaxed.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Give Advice
Ask For Advice