New partner

Peanut450

New partner is going away on a men only holiday. We have been seeing each other only 5 months but have a good thing established. He is fit and active but has been trying harder to get in shape for this vacation. It makes me feel uneasy as to why the increased concern regarding his physique. Is this normal when people go on vacation or more indicative he plans to cheat?

Yikes! Are you that worried he'll cheat? Why is that? He can cheat just as easily in your location with a few ounces of flab, he doesn't need muscles and a tan to cheat. You can't keep anyone on a leash. Relax.

I just Feel a little suspicious he is trying extra hard to be in great shape for it so that he will attract more women

It's best to trust a partner unless a clearcut sign of cheating slaps you in the face. Secrets never say secrets for long. The only control you have is being a great gf. If that's not enough for him and he is a cheater, you will eventually find out and then you can leave. As for now, just as you would like him to trust you when you have girl's night out, etc., you should do the same for him.

This is a situation where you either trust him or you don’t.

Realistically - what are you going to do about the situation? Ask him to stop working out so much? Sabotage his diet with cookies? Break up with him because he could possibly cheat?

IMO - you have to put this into the greater context of the relationship. Is he generally loving and committed, trustworthy and loyal? Or is he a little shady, hot and cold, flirts regularly with other women, etc.

I don’t think this is anything that you can make any determination on. I think it’s potentially a piece to a bigger puzzle and you need to step back and look at the whole.

Unless it's completely out of character (he went from being a sloth to being obsessed with going to the gym) I don't see why this is an indication that he is up to anything shady.

I like to look good when I go on vacation too... my gym routine doesn't change much as I already go quite often, however I always make sure I am very well groomed before I go away... hair, nails, tan, brows, etc. It helps me feel more confident, self-assured and relaxed.

imo it's really hard to tell based on the little info you've given us about him. How does he treat you? Does he respect you? How is your communication, etc?

I could see why you would be nervous he'd want to cheat, but there are plenty of explanations for wanting to get fit. Let's also remember that on vacations, people take a lot of pics. And if he's going swimming in a pool or on a beach, then he's going to want to feel good about his body.

New partner is going away on a men only holiday. We have been seeing each other only 5 months but have a good thing established. He is fit and active but has been trying harder to get in shape for this vacation. It makes me feel uneasy as to why the increased concern regarding his physique. Is this normal when people go on vacation or more indicative he plans to cheat?

I'm not sure how you're associating being fit with cheating. Do you feel insecure about your own body type or have issues with your self-image or how you compare to him fitness-wise? I'm not certain this has anything to do with infidelity in general and ideas around cheating seem to be the scapegoat.

Do you feel compatible regarding your lifestyles and interests?

Archived