Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 16 of 16

Thread: Need some help....

  1. #11
    Platinum Member Wiseman2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Cloud Nine
    Posts
    34,299
    Gender
    Male
    Don't be a text buddy. Texting is cheap, lazy and he could be doing it while with someone else, in the toilet or watching tv. It sounds like he's bored and likes the text pings.

    Don't do it. Instead redirect every text to "when we see each other on....at...." and talk about what you would like to do on the next date. Also redirect by setting up a phone call. If he he "wants dialogue", let him set up dates or pick up the phone and talk.
    Originally Posted by Nosocialmedi
    He then send a follow up text stating “I'm trying to create some type of dialogue with us”.

  2. #12
    Platinum Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    21,145
    Originally Posted by Rose Mosse
    I'd text back something along the lines of "Let's chat later. I'll be home by x time and I'll call you." If you're annoyed with his half-hearted texts I don't think it's a good idea to start any dialogues, phone or text, in that moment. Save it for later when you're feeling better and you've given yourself time to sort your thoughts on any pre-existing problems.

    Do this a few times and he may do the same in time. He'll eventually understand how you think or what you expect. You may need to be a bit patient with him. There are opportunities to learn more about each other (the same goes for you learning about him). Go easy and enjoy your time together.
    Good advice!

  3. #13
    Platinum Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    9,600
    Originally Posted by Nosocialmedi
    So I did text back “Im open to that” hoping it would lead to sone kind of verbal communication. Instead he replies “I'm just trying to figure out a way to approach it ”

    Now Im even more confused
    Well in his defense, you stated in prior post your argument took place over the phone so no wonder he's hesitant to call you.

    He even told you "I'm scared to even call you now?"

    This isn't good, may I ask what the argument was about?

    Anyway, your response should be "let's approach this in person, phone and texts aren't getting us anywhere, when are you free to meet?"

    Easy peasy.
    Last edited by katrina1980; 08-22-2019 at 11:04 AM.

  4. #14
    Platinum Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    9,600
    OP, $10,000 question, have you met each other in person?

    Is this a cyber relationship?

  5.  

  6. #15
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Posts
    9
    Originally Posted by katrina1980
    OP, $10,000 question, have you met each other in person?

    Is this a cyber relationship?

    Yes... We have been dating over a year... Not a cyber relationship....Interesting though!!!
    We do live in separate cities about 90 miles apart.
    The argument had to do with him prioritizing when it comes to our relationship. I am fully understanding fir things like work but because we dont see one another as often as we’d like we have to our time spent at least in the the top 5 of priorities wether I go there or he comes here.

  7. #16
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    52
    Originally Posted by Nosocialmedi
    My boyfriend and I communicate differently and his preferred method of communication is always texting. I comply but cant always get a true feel for what is being conveyed...So he sends me a text after an argument first saying good afternoon I reply with “afternoon to you too”. He then send a follow up text stating “I'm trying to create some type of dialogue with us”.

    What does this mean?? I ask myself. Does he want to solve our problem?? How should I respond is my wonder?
    After a lot of experience with this, this one is easy as day for me. Texting is for when you want to buy a used washer and dryer on Craigslist and you don't want to spend 30 minutes chit-chatting with the dude, you just need a price, yes, no, bye. Texting carries with it a power game - who texted who first, how long are the texts, how long did it take to answer, etc. etc. I'm meeting multiple people right now, I don't call it dating anymore, and the only texts I send are of the form can I call you at x oclock. I do that because a straight up phone call out of the blue with 10 people around her is not cool. I also text about I'm here in the parking lot, I'm sitting beside the window at the coffee shop, etc. Other than that, I call. If someone is too busy to answer a planned phone call or do FaceTime or Skype, then I'm very sorry, we can compare our 1040's/W-2's and see whose time is more valuable!

    What does it mean in your context? It means the guy is afraid of confrontation and would rather play texts to try to smooth things out. There was a situation where I chose text over voice, but that went nowhere, and I only did it because I knew she preferred text over voice. But I'd never do that today. You need to hear a person's voice, their grunts, their sighs, their breathing, etc, otherwise, you start playing mindreader and that will go nowhere.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Give Advice
Ask For Advice

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •