Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How do i know if she wants to settle down or use me for springboard to greencard

Silver Member
    You can't date a computer screen. Get out of your house and meet someone in person.

If you are not sure about a person and also don't know how to be sure about a person, the idea about having this person in your life is not a good idea.

Let go of this and start asking yourself questions about how you can date locally. If you are generally unappealing or unable to find dates, now is a good idea to ask why and bridge that gap.

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by catfeeder
    Why are you thinking about marriage based on a 'chat'?

Skip that fantasy stuff, date local, and only shoot for a relationship with someone you've actually MET.
    Check out the history.

I did mention this before as well, Lioil. Now isn't the best time to be bringing someone over from another country.

What I mean is, your chances are very slim of it working. You would need to prove a long term relationship that is actual love and it would need to be verified by family members and friends on both sides.
    You'd also need at least a minimum of one year of this relationship to have been going on and at least 1-2 visits in real life. The person you were bringing over would have to pass an English test, etc. Even then there is no guarantee of your application being approved.

Immigration has become a lot more stricter. The days of finding someone online and bringing them over within a few months when you hardly know them...is long over.

Nevermind that you see who's in the office right now and he's not allowing many into the country at all.

You need to be more realistic, Lioil. This endeavor would be very pricey (on your part) and would have to be proven before your spousal application had a chance.

Find a forum for immigration applications/spousal applications and learn more information and read people's actual experiences with this.

I think you will get an eye opener on the realities going on right now.
    Last edited by SherrySher; 08-22-2019 at 04:38 AM.

Originally Posted by SherrySher
    Lioil, this is many posts you've made now about brides from overseas.

Why didn't you take people's advice and try to find someone in your own country?
    I'm going to go out on a limb here... but I suspect the OP does not do well meeting women or developing relationships in the real world, therefore he is twitter-pated when a woman from overseas shows an interest. This is how people get scammed. Meeting a woman on-line who lives overseas is nothing more than a scam. Stop and think about it, does it seem normal to you OP?

Are you expected to marry a Chinese woman from China or can you marry a local woman of Chinese culture/heritage? Ask your matchmakers if they will seek locally for you instead of fix you up with all these intercontinental long-shots. Do you pay these matchmakers or are they friends, family and other intermediaries?
    Originally Posted by lioil
    I am ready to settle down and through a good friend I was setup with another person from another country (china) and she's willing to come here to get married if we are compatible. Her family approves in terms of my background and they would like me to go to their country and they can host me there to meet me in person.
    I would not say this is "arranged marriage" but in between since it is through mutual friend and the starting point of relationship is marriage in mind so any considerations are around that.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Give Advice
Ask For Advice