LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Need help

Never mind....

It's an abusive relationship, seek out help in the form of therapy support groups and domestic violence education and help.

You took the first step. Do not move back in : [Register to see the link]
    Originally Posted by Mel20192019
    I packed my bags and finally left

Gold Member
    Please seek professional help and stay away from these men.

Hey everyone thank you so much for all this advice it feels good to hear and it just reassures me that I did the right thing, itís crazy how much love can get in the way of everything, I keep talking to myself and telling myself that I need to stay strong and to move forward but I keep missing him I feel like I lost a whole part of me, yes I have support but I still feel very depressed, I will look for a support group around me that might make things exciting or just make me feel better. Again thank you all <3

Hey everyone thank you so much for all this advice it feels good to hear and it just reassures me that I did the right thing, itís crazy how much love can get in the way of everything, I keep talking to myself and telling myself that I need to stay strong and to move forward but I keep missing him I feel like I lost a whole part of me, yes I have support but I still feel very depressed, I will look for a support group around me that might make things exciting or just make me feel better. Again thank you all <3
    Without dismissing this thing you are calling "love," I'd challenge yourself to explore the idea that it is not the "craziness" of love that is fogging the lens of logic but something elseósomething deeper, more corrosive, less rosy. Because if you continue to equate feeling like trash, and being treated like trash, with "love" you will either be back with him in a few days or with a carbon copy of him in a few weeks. Time to do some emotional deprogramming so you can make room to experience what genuine love feels likeólove of yourself, first, and then another who can love you the same way.

This? This is not that. I remember your past posts. They broke my heart, as did much of this one, with one exception: you've finally taken real action. Bravo. I hope you can keep stepping forward on this path, because it's the right one, the one your spirit has been needing for years and years.

I feel like I lost a whole part of me,
    And that was his intention, that you would lose yourself and never leave. And that's what makes leaving for someone who has been through this so challenging. When you need that strength the most, someone has (figuratively) beaten out of you.
    That's the abusers agenda.

You will have moments and you will second guess yourself. You'll think of his good qualities and because you are so vulnerable you might want to run back. Just remember, Ted Bundy was charming, right?

Most people have good qualities but guys like this don't have enough good ones to warrant ever returning to a blatantly abusive situation.

Be kind to yourself. Find some support.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Give Advice
Ask For Advice