LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lied to my girlfriend

Bronze Member
    You lied about your age for so long, she might forgive you at some point but I'm not sure if she can trust you again. Also, maybe try dating women of your age, I'm afraid she was too young for you.

I'm not sure the lie is that bad in the grand scheme but it isn't a good look overall with the large age gap. Together those two items unfortunately cause you to appear more lascivious perhaps than intended. In other words, it makes you look a little creepy. I understand you probably didn't intend for it to come across that way (it is only four years after all - it's not like you said you were 34) so it's a good idea now to take inventory and take a look at what's going on with you, check in with yourself and ask yourself if there are some areas in your life that you would like to see some improvement in.

I'm curious why the four year difference from your real age and not ..oh, I don't know, ten years? Or eight or fifteen years? Did it seem a lot more appealing being on the lower 40s as opposed to the higher 40s? You may be experiencing some anxiety about your age or growing older, reaching your 50s. Don't be afraid to revisit this idea or ask questions. You're not the only one asking some awkward and humorous questions about age and what to do when we get to a certain age.

When we are met with some disagreement or turmoil in different topics, it is usually a good idea to take stock of what's going on in our own lives (in our heads/hearts) and figure out whether we can work though some difficult subjects we may have been putting on the back burner for awhile.

Your most honest approach at this time is to step back from the relationship, give each other the time and space to reflect and go from there.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Give Advice
Ask For Advice