Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Let it go?

Bronze Member
    Originally Posted by BecxyRex
    Sounds like you guys are into each other, but timing is a bit inconvenient.
    Iíd give her space to settle in her new environment and put starting a relationship on the back burner for now. Sheíll need time to adjust to her new school and itís good that she seems to be making that a priority.
    You should likewise focus on your school for now and if it so happens that you go to school close to her you can slowly start from there.
    In the meantime I donít see anything wrong with catching up as friends here and there, but try to keep it balanced and let her come to you as well, as to not overwhelm her.
    Thank you this is what I was thinking. She did tell me it sucked that she was leaving because she met me. If we end up meeting next week I'd probably just read the situation and most likely try to keep it normal as friends. Let her get settled into her life and then see if she'd be up for an actual visit. I appreciate it.

Bronze Member
    Originally Posted by Rose Mosse
    If you share good chemistry with her and end up meeting her later this week, I'd flirt a bit and not keep things too platonic.

It might be a good idea also after that to understand that you both may be good in person together but not good with keeping up romantic or flirty conversations via text or phone. If one person is ok letting the spark fizzle out, remember it's not all on the other to keep things going. You deserve to find someone who's both interested in you and interested in maintaining a happy romance. It can happen! Either way, have fun and be safe.
    Yeah we'd talked about that before. How it was much easier to interact in person than over text, but it mainly comes down to how she communicates. She responds with a lot of dry messages that would make you think she isn't interested, but in person it's like she's a whole different person. I'll just have to see what happens in a couple weeks. I'll mention to her I'll be in the area but I won't be pushy about coming to visit.

Bronze Member
    Originally Posted by LC8328
    I think it'd be fine, but I'd advise dialing it back to grabbing some coffee, or some other outing that doesn't look like a date.

I feel like if you straight out asked her to dinner it would make her feel suffocated, considering the last discussion you guys had. So casually asking if she wants to hang out with you out in public a bit is more friendly and I think she'd be open to that more.

I hate to say this, but it's also possible she wants to keep her options open in case she meets someone at school. Good luck.
    Yeah that's all it would be. Something quick or simple like coffee or lunch. And I totally understand about her wanting to keep her options open. She's in school and wants to have fun, so she might not want to be tied down to someone who's 3 hours away, which I totally get. Thanks for the advice.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Give Advice
Ask For Advice