Is this normal?

wtm78

Is it normal when I see or hear someone starting to get emotional, their pitch in their voice goes higher and higher, pace of words gets faster and faster, the voice gets screechyer and scheechyer, whinier and whinier. I get this churn in my stomach, my blood pressure will rise and starts to get annoyed. Is this normal?

You have repeatedly been told in these forums that you are controlling and intolerant and that therapy would help you. Instead of doing that, you continue in unhealthy patterns and then how up here and act like your wife is beneath you and the world is trying to drive you crazy. This relationship has clearly run its course, but you could still use some help.

Best to detach immediately if someone is this agitated. Deescalate and end the conversation asap. Interact with your wife when cooler heads prevail.

Is it normal when I see or hear someone starting to get emotional, their pitch in their voice goes higher and higher, pace of words gets faster and faster, the voice gets screechyer and scheechyer, whinier and whinier. I get this churn in my stomach, my blood pressure will rise and starts to get annoyed. Is this normal?

I'm just distracted by the word screechyer. But not just that. It gets screechyer and screechyer too. I can't help but wonder why someone would be so annoyed with you. Try understanding what brought about the misunderstanding so that it doesn't happen again or very often. The goal should be more understanding between the both of you especially if you're a couple.

Not for me.. I feel empathy when people are in distress.

Which leads me to you OP... why are you still in a relationship that is causing you such distress and/or have you dealt with your own anxiety and frustration by seeking help?

Thanks for all the responses!

Kindly keep to this thread. This question is independent from other that is post

OP, I have read your previous threads and as much as some people here may insinuate that YOU are the problem (e.g I could not disagree more with arjumand's post on here - none of what you ever wrote made it seem to me that YOU are controlling and intolerant) and your wife is doing nothing wrong, please know that that is NOT the case. Your wife sounds completely unbearable to live with, she has severe emotional problems, doesn't hear you, doesn't listen to you, doesn't respect you. She blows up at every little thing and is unable to have a mature discussion or ever recognize her flaws or take criticism.

Honestly I wish you would just find the strength to put your foot down and end this marriage. She may threaten suicide as usual but please know that those are just empty words, designed to keep you hostage. Have you ever thought about how right now you could be out there finding someone that is actually a good match for you, aligned with you on all levels? Instead, you are wasting your precious short life on this woman and losing your mind in the process.

Please do not have children with her (as I know you've mentioned you wanted kids).

Archived