Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: I have a secret...

Bronze Member
    Originally Posted by ThatwasThen
    Sorry to be so blunt but you are your own worse enemy. Block and delete the ex and get on with your lifestyle without the ex in it.
    All I'm asking, is there any value in mentioning the situation I'm in. Just because my ex has a serious problem with this person, has nothing to do with either of us. I feel like I'm lying by omission. He's insecure and hates someone for no reason. He's jealous because the guy is everything he is not and he was threatened by that. That's not my problem. The funny thing is, it was his tantrums and hostility that formed an alliance between me and the other guy in the first place. If he had have been secure, I never would have noticed a problem and none of this would have happened.
    Like Rose Mosse said, I have to be clear about not accepting any negativity in my life. Cutting off communication is hiding...running from the truth,and lying by omission.

The funny thing is, it was his tantrums and hostility that formed an alliance between me and the other guy in the first place. If he had have been secure, I never would have noticed a problem and none of this would have happened.
    One doesn't cheat by chance, they cheat by choice. You also had the choice to address your relationship issues, yet you seem to have found it easier to cheat.

Why not own this decision, and go from there?

Originally Posted by LadyCaCa
    All I'm asking, is there any value in mentioning the situation I'm in.
    You shouldn't be mentioning anything at all to your ex. You need to be out of his life so you can dally with other guys. You have used up the shelf life on the two your on here about.

Just because my ex has a serious problem with this person, has nothing to do with either of us. I feel like I'm lying by omission.
    You are still with the guy in some capacity are you not?
    He's insecure and hates someone for no reason. He's jealous because the guy is everything he is not and he was threatened by that.
    Are you trying to kid yourself into making this situation fit how you want it to fit or what?

That's not my problem.
    Oh? Think on it again. If you're going to continue to have some sort of a thing with your ex then it is very much your problem.
    The funny thing is, it was his tantrums and hostility that formed an alliance between me and the other guy in the first place. If he had have been secure, I never would have noticed a problem and none of this would have happened.
    As long as you keep telling yourself bs like that, you are never going to get past the mess that your dating life has become. Take responsibility for your own decisions and reread what HeartGoesOn had to say about that.

Like Rose Mosse said, I have to be clear about not accepting any negativity in my life. Cutting off communication is hiding...running from the truth,and lying by omission.
    Oh puleeze don't use platitudes to give yourself a reason to keep both men in your life.

Frankly, you should stop all contact with both men, get the therapy you would do well to get so you get some clarity about yourself and then when you know what it is you want, then and only then date. You are lacking in integrity to the point that you're not even a good candidate to be with in an open relationship with. You get with a man you know your primary partner wouldn't want you to be with. That is the epitome of betrayal in an open dynamic.

All I'm asking, is there any value in mentioning the situation I'm in.
    Why don't you tell us again what that situation is? What exactly is it you are looking for us to tell you? What exactly would you like the final outcome of all of this to be?

Bronze Member
    Originally Posted by HeartGoesOn
    One doesn't cheat by chance, they cheat by choice. You also had the choice to address your relationship issues, yet you seem to have found it easier to cheat.

Why not own this decision, and go from there?
    You didn't read the post obviously. We were not together.

Bronze Member
    Ok No one is reading this.
    I am NOT WITH MY EX. WE WERE BROKEN UP WHEN I STARTED SEEING THE OTHER PERSON. We still are still in contact, but I am conflicted whether or not to tell him who I'm seeing. Because he knows him and has a problem with the person. It seems deceitful to leave it out ... but I don't see the value in saying anything.
    MY QUESTION IS>>>ONCE AGAIN>...IS IT UNFAIR OF ME TO CONTINUE TO HAVE A RELATIONSHIP WITH MY EX (FRIENDSHIP) IF I KNOW THERE IS A TRUTH THAT WILL HURT HIM????

OK?? GOT I???

IF YOU ARE GOING TO COMMENT PLEASE READ EVERYTHING.

Bronze Member
    I see the confusion now... I posted in the infidelity forum !!

I am NOT WITH MY EX. WE WERE BROKEN UP WHEN I STARTED SEEING THE OTHER PERSON. We still are still in contact, but I am conflicted whether or not to tell him who I'm seeing. Because he knows him and has a problem with the person. It seems deceitful to leave it out ... but I don't see the value in saying anything.
    MY QUESTION IS>>>ONCE AGAIN>...IS IT UNFAIR OF ME TO CONTINUE TO HAVE A RELATIONSHIP WITH MY EX (FRIENDSHIP) IF I KNOW THERE IS A TRUTH THAT WILL HURT HIM????

OK?? GOT I???

When you gave your explanation about what this "gray area" was. You did not mention one thing about having been broken up with your ex when you had a "little adult fun" O.o with this guy that is your ex's "nemesis."

In what capacity are you still in contact with your ex? Is he trying to get you back? Do you want to get back with him? You are very confusing in your timeline and what is actually happening in the present. If you think it seems deceitful to keep the other guy a secret from you ex then WTeff don't you just tell him. Do you always ignore your gut and what is right and wrong? (again no boundaries in place)

Platinum Member
    I know he hates this person, whenever I mentioned his name he went nuts, even threw a glass at my wall.

I would break up an cease to communicate with someone if they were violent like this. Sorry. break it off permanently. if you were broken up with your ex and started seeing someone new, fair game. you don't owe your ex ANYTHING. stop talking to him. Move on with a guy more compatible. Or don't. But its unfair to YOU to continue a friendship with a jealous man who you barely even like as a person

Platinum Member

OK?? GOT I???

Stop yelling. Christ.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Give Advice
Ask For Advice