Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: I Want to be Good Enough for Him

Yeah there was other men at work that I have been paying 0 % attention to. I don't care for them. I see a quality man in front of me who have offered more and brought more to the table than I could have expected. I don't want to move in with him but my back is up against the wall. I have alerted all other suitors that I have a boyfriend now and I blocked the men who were not respectful.

I am not dumb, I am trying to do what is best for me. This man have brought more to the table in a month than anyone else.

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by ConfusedLady21
    Yeah there was other men at work that I have been paying 0 % attention to. I don't care for them. I see a quality man in front of me who have offered more and brought more to the table than I could have expected. I don't want to move in with him but my back is up against the wall. I have alerted all other suitors that I have a boyfriend now and I blocked the men who were not respectful.

I am not dumb, I am trying to do what is best for me. This man have brought more to the table in a month than anyone else.
    It's easy to be amazing for a month. It would be best to date while living separately to see if this can be sustained.

Where would you live if you hadn't met him?

Platinum Member
    Move in with your mother. You cannot move in with someone you have been dating a month. That is nuts!

Originally Posted by boltnrun
    It's easy to be amazing for a month. It would be best to date while living separately to see if this can be sustained.

Where would you live if you hadn't met him?

In the ghetto, where I would have to buy a gun, learn how to shoot, bar up my windows and doors. I would rather live in a rough area than with my mom. He told me to skip all that and move in with him. He said that I have an obligation to stay safe for him.

Trust me, I am well aware a honey moon (rose colored glasses phase) lasts anywhere between 6 months to a year. I'd like to survive past that, but who freakin knows what will happen. I am freaking out because I don't want to sabotage things. I don't know what to do. He's offering me low low low rent. And at the very least I figured if things blow up in my face, if I can play it right, I can walk away with a bulk of savings.

Originally Posted by Hollyj
    Move in with your mother. You cannot move in with someone you have been dating a month. That is nuts!
    Don't you think I feel that way? That's why I am scared.

I can't help but wonder why he's so generous as to date you exclusively but yet charge you for a room.

I thought moving in with someone meant sharing a life together. Are you sure you're not getting involved with some john or pimp? This guy seems a little funny to me.

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by Rose Mosse
    I can't help but wonder why he's so generous as to date you exclusively but yet charge you for a room.

I thought moving in with someone meant sharing a life together. Are you sure you're not getting involved with some john or pimp? This guy seems a little funny to me.
    I don't have a problem with charging rent after only one month of dating.

I DO wonder why on earth HE'S in such a hurry to lock you down. Have to wonder what his motivations are. I'm not buying that it's because he's just such a great guy.

I'd be very skeptical.

Abusers act like Prince Charming in the beginning to lure in their victims. They're especially fond of dependency and isolation.

Originally Posted by Rose Mosse

He told me that he was looking for a roommate before I mentioned anything.. and since he heard about my situation he is willing to open up a room. There will be a contract involved. It's very cheap for rent with utilities included. You can't live anywhere for free. He told me that he is well aware of the implications of his offer and he is willing to separate being involved with one another and being roommates.

Originally Posted by boltnrun
    I'd be very skeptical.

Abusers act like Prince Charming in the beginning to lure in their victims. They're especially fond of dependency and isolation.

I have never been dependent, nor will I ever be on a man. I know how to get up and move out. I know how to remain being an individual

Platinum Member
    Someone that does a lot after a month suggests issues.

Do not move in. -_-"

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Give Advice
Ask For Advice