Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Am I doing something wrong by chatting with my exís friend on an app?

I agree with honeycomb. If you were any sort of decent person, you wouldnít do this to someone you dated for over a year.

You seem to completely lack empathy all together. You dated your ex because he was good looking. He dated you because he really liked you, maybe even loved you. He told you the break up came out of nowhere for him and heís obviously hurt. You just completely dismiss all of that because YOU donít think it came out of nowhere and YOU werenít happy with the relationship. You give no consideration to how he feels.

And now two weeks later you want to start chatting up his friend on a dating app? Thatís pretty cold. All of this is.

Originally Posted by indea08
    I agree with honeycomb. If you were any sort of decent person, you wouldnít do this to someone you dated for over a year.

You seem to completely lack empathy all together. You dated your ex because he was good looking. He dated you because he really liked you, maybe even loved you. He told you the break up came out of nowhere for him and heís obviously hurt. You just completely dismiss all of that because YOU donít think it came out of nowhere and YOU werenít happy with the relationship. You give no consideration to how he feels.

And now two weeks later you want to start chatting up his friend on a dating app? Thatís pretty cold. All of this is.
    Agree.

My answer to your original question? Do what you are gonna do, just know that if you decide to date his friend you will likely hurt him deeply and he may never forgive you. If thatís something you care about then I suggest not dating this guy.

He'll enjoy the rebound thing, but then dump you. Are you ok with that?
    Originally Posted by datinghelp9
    His friend had also just broken up with his gf of a year

You already know on some level it's not right or you wouldn't be here asking.

Put yourself in his place. You're madly in love with some guy you hope to marry.
    He dumps you out of the blue and only days later he's moving on with one of your friends.

Would that be ok with you?

Platinum Member
    There must be people that you can date, other than his friend. Not cool. Put yourself in his shoes.

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by indea08

Yes!!!!!

Dating, your thread makes you come across as very selfish and shallow. Maybe, you should address this. If you care.

I understand what everyone else is saying here, but I'm not so sure they're right. I get it, "the bro code" and all that nonsense. We aren't in high school here, we're adults. The heart wants what the heart wants. I personally have never done this, but I have plenty of friends that have and they ended up with their spouses, very happily married.

It's possible that a year ago it wasn't the right time for either of you and you both had some growing and self discovery to do. Or maybe you were meant to be in those relationships to either learn something for yourselves or for your partners to learn. Either way it wasn't the right time for you two to be together. It did however give you time to meet and get to know one another better. You obviously both feel that you are ready to date again or you wouldn't be on the app again and it matched you again! You didn't search each other out. The conversation is flowing and the feelings are still there. I don't see a problem with it. If you both feel the same way I say go for it. No one else has to live your life and if he makes you happy, who cares what anyone else thinks???

No judgment here! You do you!
    Wishing you all the happiness in the world!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Give Advice
Ask For Advice