LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Lonely

Lonely

I'm bipolar on disability with no job or school, can't handle a whole lot of tasks. I get overwhelmed easily. And I'm an isolated mess. I've checked facebook groups, meetups, nami groups (support groups). My emotional hunger is huge. My repression is huge. I wonder if this happens a lot on disability. I live at home with my mom and get no privacy either. My hobbies are swimming, kayaking, reading and writing. However I like to be alone for these. I'm a natural introvert. A loner as it is. Now, a hermit. I've had to figure out how to rebuild my life. And it's not working. The friends I do have live in other states and have jobs, have lives, are busy.

Anything else I could be doing? Sigh. Thank you for reading. It means a lot to me.

Do you have a support worker or social worker or someone who could help you find other interests that could work for you?

Do you have any friends or relatives who could help you crawl out of your shell?

Platinum Member
    What about volunteering?

Iím an introvert and I love animals so I volunteer at an animal shelter.

I am sorry you're going through this, OP. I hope you can find things that will make things easier for you.

7. 08-11-2019, 03:43 AM
    Reason
    Off topic.

8. 08-11-2019, 03:47 AM
    Reason
    Off topic.

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by limichelle
    What about volunteering?

Iím an introvert and I love animals so I volunteer at an animal shelter.
    OP,.did you try a different volunteering activity? You said before volunteering with kids wasn't for you.

Can you elaborate on how you can't handle a lot of tasks? It seems that kayaking requires a lot of multi-tasking, and if you enjoy reading and writing, then you don't have problems focusing.

Perhaps a part-time job would help you to overcome your introversion and be good for you.

Hi all. Volunteering may be good. I'm not ready for a job that's what I meant by things overwhelm me. I do write for a website but that's an online thing that I don't communicate much with people for.

I just feel stuck.

Tell me specifically how having a part time job would overwhelm you. In what way?

Well I get anxiety when I have to perform, and I have a learning disability as well (that I didn't want to mention but here we are). I also don't want to work, sorry.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Give Advice
Ask For Advice