Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I Cant Approach Women, how can i get over my Anxiety?

Originally Posted by Cherylyn
    Realistically, most women are more interested in a man if he is gainfully employed. Unfortunately, judgment is very real in this society whether anyone likes it or not. When women are shopping around, they have a preference for a man who is economically sound, independent and can give a woman a relatively smooth life overall.
    And what do women offer in return for his wealth? If a man has worked years on end to get where he is now, she better bring something special to the table as well. I don't see you say anything about that, and it's a common trend.

And both offering and wanting eachother's wealth doesn't seem like a healthy base for a relationship. If one loses its wealth, the other's gone in no time.

Originally Posted by R85
    And what do women offer in return for his wealth? If a man has worked years on end to get where he is now, she better bring something special to the table as well. I don't see you say anything about that, and it's a common trend.

And both offering and wanting eachother's wealth doesn't seem like a healthy base for a relationship. If one loses its wealth, the other's gone in no time.
    I'm going to take a gander and say that the woman, should she go for a high earning man, should offer the following: intelligence, physical beauty, fertility (carry his children), and domesticity. If he has a demanding job, he's going to want her at home to take care of the domestic tasks and he will expect not to participate.

It's very transactional in nature. Personally, it turns me off and I'd rather be alone than be some moneybag's maid and sexual servant. But this is the pattern I've seen played out time and time again.

Silver Member
    You're 33 and unemployed - however, at some point you were in your 20's and employed. You must have been having a different set of reasons you were telling yourself for being single during that time. In other words, age and employment are not the issues here.

And before this thread goes further off track about generalizations about wealth and women, Abit has already given you the perfect advice to think about. You clearly are not going to leave your safe sheltered way of life to suddenly be the guy to approach a "cute girl". So if you genuinely do want to meet someone, you will want to find activities that will allow time to get to know people, and for them to know you, in order to develop a connection to build upon.

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by james516
    you're 33 and unemployed - however, at some point you were in your 20's and employed. You must have been having a different set of reasons you were telling yourself for being single during that time. In other words, age and employment are not the issues here.
    yes. All of this ^^^

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Give Advice
Ask For Advice