Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: He booked a hotel room...

Scrolling back through and correct me if I'm wrong, but I didnt see where he ever invited or expected her to meet him at the hotel.

What I read is he booked a room. I'll assume he did it so he didnt have to or couldn't take a late night train home that same night. Not because he had presumptuous intentions.

Whether she really will likes this guy is another issue. This would have been a good time to weigh the effort this guy is making to see her vs her level of interest. Save him the trouble if. . .

It doesn't make him some sort of predator.

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by reinventmyself
    Scrolling back through and correct me if I'm wrong, but I didnt see where he ever invited or expected her to meet him at the hotel.

What I read is he booked a room. I'll assume he did it so he didnt have to or couldn't take a late night train home that same night. Not because he had presumptuous intentions.

Whether she really will likes this guy is another issue. This would have been a good time to weigh the effort this guy is making to see her vs her level of interest. Save him the trouble if. . .

The sense I got from the exchange was that he told her he booked a fancy hotel room and purposefully shared that information with her to send her a signal. If I read wrong then sure totally fine to choose to stay overnight rather than drive back.

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by reinventmyself

He also made the creepy "leave the high heels on!" remark. Um, leave them on during what, exactly?

Originally Posted by boltnrun
    He also made the creepy "leave the high heels on!" remark. Um, leave them on during what, exactly?
    Yep.

I actually agree with the other poster who stated the OPer led him on as well, a year of just chatting? He wasn’t doing that for them to be friends, I highly doubt he would have stuck around if he wasnt at least slightly led to believe there was a chance. She stated they flirted, and let’s not forget they’ve kissed before.

They both had ulterior motives, their motives are human, she was using him for attention and he, from what was explained , was trying to get laid.

That doesn’t make him a creep, the comment does, to me, but y’all have a point after a year of talking who knows whether or not that was their language...

Like I said, based on what was written and the way it was I’m led to believe the OPer believed she had more control over this than she actually did.

Platinum Member
    I agree, and I also think if his intention were only to take her to dinner, and then home, he would not have even mentioned the hotel.

There would be no reason to, whatever he chooses to do after the date -- stay overnight at hotel or drive home -- is his business.

Again, assumimg his intention was just dinner.

And that heels remark? Ick, just no.

Which is not to say I am against wearing heels during sex , but come on they haven't even met yet!

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by katrina1980
    I agree, and I also think if his intention were only to take her to dinner, and then home, he would not have even mentioned the hotel.

There would be no reason to, whatever he chooses to do after the date -- stay overnight at hotel or drive home -- is his business.

Hey, you're back!

Platinum Member
    Hey, you're back!
    Yeah I needed a break, for sure, I get far too wrapped up in these threads sometimes, thnx for noticing! xx

*Wavezzz* ;)

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by katrina1980

Which is not to say I am against wearing heels during sex , but come on they haven't even met yet!
    They HAVE met. He was a colleague at work. Once before they went out and OP said he was acting really into her and they kissed. Then they kept in touch online etc. for a year and the guy made it obvious he is very interested. If she's not interested then why continue to keep in touch and agree to dinner? You're all calling the guy a creep but there is a difference between making a flirty comment to someone who rejected him versus someone he thinks is equally into him. And not as many people commented that she is leading him on. Just because he's a guy and she's a woman doesn't make him a creep and her a saint. It's not like she's done nothing wrong.

Platinum Member
    Tiny, you're right, I forgot they had met, my bad.

Re their chatting for several months (8 I think) on line, I recall her saying she enjoyed the "friendship" and when he asked her out again, while not initially attracted, she wanted to give it a second date to see if that would change.

I've heard of many cases where that did happen, first date nothing, second or even third date, sparks flew!

So jmo but I don't consider what she did to be leading him on in any way. It was a friendship, at least in her mind.

So I'm sticking to my opinion that him mentioning the hotel and that icky heels remark was much too presumptuous and for me, unless a mutual attraction had already been established (which it was not), would be creepy and a turn off, especially if I'm on the fence about him (romantically), as OP is.
    Last edited by katrina1980; 08-11-2019 at 04:58 PM.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Give Advice
Ask For Advice