LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: I have cellulite, do you?

Platinum Member
    Ugh! Had it since my early 20's . Was only a size 4 at the time. I am a 6-8 now, exercise a lot, but it is still there. I still wear my shorts, and don't care. Many of us live with it. Dont let it stop you from enjoying your life!

Platinum Member
    I have a friend who is tall and thin, except she had cellulite on the backs of her thighs that she hated. She was told that even liposuction wouldn't get rid of it, as lipo can make it bumpy looking, which is entirely what she wanted to get rid of. She ended up having the backs of her thighs slit horizontally just under each butt cheek, and the doctor extracted out as much fat as he could. She has no cellulite anymore, but she has two distinct thigh-width horizontal scars just at the tops of her thighs, which she probably doesn't even realize are entirely noticeable in swimsuits. She should have just lived with the cellulite.

Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared
    I donít care about mine.

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by LHGirl
    I have a friend who is tall and thin, except she had cellulite on the backs of her thighs that she hated. She was told that even liposuction wouldn't get rid of it, as lipo can make it bumpy looking, which is entirely what she wanted to get rid of. She ended up having the backs of her thighs slit horizontally just under each butt cheek, and the doctor extracted out as much fat as he could. She has no cellulite anymore, but she has two distinct thigh-width horizontal scars just at the tops of her thighs, which she probably doesn't even realize are entirely noticeable in swimsuits. She should have just lived with the cellulite.
    Yikes!!!!!!!!

Ive had it since i was 14. I ws never overweight although my weigh did fluctuate as a teen. I just dont have the worlds best skin. I have it behind my knees, thighs, bum, boobs.
    Thats life. Now im older, you know what i learned. No one actually cares. They will love you up regardless, they won't even notice it.
    Im almost 40 and i have lots of zits still...lucky huh! The person who notices it the most...me!
    Who needs superficial friends?? Guess what...they will get old one day and have imperfections. What then!??
    Forget them, love yourself. No one is perfect.

Platinum Member
    you don't have to find cellulite attractive - just find it to be a body part that is just there and accept it as normal. I don't really think about if my little toe is attractive/or not attractive. its neutral. its part of me.

Bronze Member
    Originally Posted by Rose Mosse
    I used to be bothered. That's was because I saw unrealistic ideals in photoshopped images. We are plastered everywhere by images that are unreal. When my husband first told me cellulite was hot, I looked at him like he turned into a baked potato. I started to take a very good look at the images that we see on a daily basis in magazines, movies, in malls, plastered on floor to ceiling posters and my eyes started seeing images that were unrealistic and alien to me. I looked at myself in the mirror differently and began to interpret differences in the way I used to think regarding my skin, body type, hair type and markings. I realized I'd been institutionalized and indoctrinated by what society deemed ok or correct and for the first time in my life I felt it surge up in my blood, a very deep sense of betrayal and anger, towards all the companies that ever have taught women to believe one type of image or one type of look is perfect. I asked myself questions about my role models growing up from my mother to every woman I'd known who had betrayed me or any young girl into thinking that we were not good enough. Yes, there was a lot of anger. But it wasn't directed towards myself. Eventually it ran out.

I came to realize at the end of the day that I have never changed. Only my outlook and my perspective has changed over time, large enough (thankfully) to encompass different thoughts and a new opinion of myself. That turned from caring (caring about my image) to demanding (demanding that I live my way, no make up, cellulite and all). I think the answer is not in caring anymore but in caring so deeply that you are able to make sense of that self-rejection, anger, acceptance and finally supreme and utter self-love that nothing or anyone can take away from you.

My advice is not to not care. It's to care deeply and live deeply. Love yourself deeply and really see yourself for what you are, totally and completely.
    This is beautiful and wonderful. Thank you so much! You are a poet.

Bronze Member
    Originally Posted by LHGirl
    This is why I never wanted to undergo anything invasive. It's just crazy. Like women who are so obsessed with not having wrinkles that they stretch and puff their faces into deformity. Sure, they have no wrinkles but they look like a puffer fish!

A break from social media may help to stop worrying about this so much.

Originally Posted by Rihannon
    This is beautiful and wonderful. Thank you so much! You are a poet.
    Thanks. Welcome. If it helps one person, that's all it's there for.. love your bod.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Give Advice
Ask For Advice