LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Thread: Dumped for the 3th time, struggling to move on :(

Platinum Member
    OP.. you kind of glanced over a few little details in your summary. She dumped her BF and then you swooped in and had sex with her on the first date. Then a WEEK later she told you she had no feelings for you and there was no future between you and her. Then you went back to her after she called you a lot. Then she told you that she wanted to just be friends, then she eventually broke up with you to go back to her X.
    I am a pretty honest guy and I think no matter what advice you get, you are going to want her back. You have had plenty of chances to get off the ride and say no more but when you want sex, and she offers, you go right back to her. You know she is not good for you but is the sex so good that its worth all of this pain?
    You can get all the advice you want on here but it really boils down to you. What is it you want? If you still want her then no advice on here will help you. If you dont want her in your life anymore then listen to those that offer you advice. But first thing is first. Before anything you must decide where you want to go before you decide on your path.
    Good luck

Yes I agree with you FIO*....which is why I also said this...>>
    Originally Posted by Carus
    ....but do learn the lessons you now have an opportunity to learn*
    ...in which I was referring to him.

And also this...>>
    Originally Posted by Carus
    Please let us know if she orbits back around again so we can help to keep you strong....The chances are fairly high that she will*
    What Iíve recently come to realise is that the stages of ĎLove bombing - Devaluing - Discardingí and the damage it can cause is not just based in narcissism and dating a narcissist.

It can happen in all types of relationships and really does damage.

The way this relationship started and the fact Pik* kept going back for more, yes that is also an issue worth delving into...

Carus*

Itís true, there were many many red flags even at the start of the relationship. I was just head over heals in love with her and ignored the red flags.. I would probably have found someone else by now and probably someone better, but unfortunately we canít unwind the past. My heart still wants her, I guess Iím an absolut fool when it comes to her. I wonít take her back, I just need some time to let NC do its work and my feelings will slowly begin to fade. She wonít comeback also, she made it clear that we donít work as a couple. But yeah, so did she the other times. Maybe I need to find another girl to make me realize there is more in this world than my ex? But right now, Iím absolutely not interested in someone else. Wouldnít be fair also for the other girl

I really hate myself for the fact I just canít say f*ck you to my ex and move on. I know we can never be together again, but my feelings for her are still strong.

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by boltnrun
    Have you blocked her from contacting you? Have you unfollowed her on Instagram? Have you deleted her contact info from your phone and computer? Are you refraining from asking friends what she's doing?
    Have you done this?

The fact that you're ignoring my posts suggesting this makes me think you haven't and are still hoping she contacts you to reconcile.

Originally Posted by boltnrun
    Have you done this?

The fact that you're ignoring my posts suggesting this makes me think you haven't and are still hoping she contacts you to reconcile.
    I removed her on snapchat, instagram and facebook (social media I have), deleted her number but havenít blocked it. I never do this, I never broke NC before so Iíll stick to it

Do you miss her or the "amazing feeling" her flattery and attention gave you?

Originally Posted by Wiseman2
    Do you miss her or the "amazing feeling" her flattery and attention gave you?
    Hard to say. Maybe I miss being in a relationship and having someone you can fall back on every time of the day. Physically she was a 9/10 for me and I have a hard time believing to find something like that again. I was single for 7 months and didnít find someone that matched her. Maybe thatís the reason why it feels harder now than my second breakup 1 year ago

Originally Posted by Pikachu
    Itís true, there were many many red flags even at the start of the relationship. I was just head over heals in love with her and ignored the red flags.. I would probably have found someone else by now and probably someone better, but unfortunately we canít unwind the past. My heart still wants her, I guess Iím an absolut fool when it comes to her. I wonít take her back, I just need some time to let NC do its work and my feelings will slowly begin to fade. She wonít comeback also, she made it clear that we donít work as a couple. But yeah, so did she the other times. Maybe I need to find another girl to make me realize there is more in this world than my ex? But right now, Iím absolutely not interested in someone else. Wouldnít be fair also for the other girl
    No, do not date. Youíre right very bad idea.

Despite popular belief NC doesnít really work on its own, you have to do some of the heavy lifting too.

Thereís a poster here who proclaimed he was 326 days NC from his ex wife and then would proceed to ask what it meant that she didnít delete him from Skype. He even claimed to marry another ex who he was NC with, he proclaimed to anyone who would listen the value of NC... obviously NC wasnít working for him. You canít just be NC while pining away for them, the process of moving on has to be in conjunction with NC.

Even just deleting and blocking isnít enough either in my personal opinion and thatís the most powerful tool you have. Some will just unblock and then panic wondering if they contacted them when they were blocked, how do I know? Cause thatís what Iíd do! Lol, as bolt pointed out, you still hope she will come back... until you begin to let that go you arenít going to move on.

Iíve been there. It sucks so bad, heartache is the worst.

Stay active, stay busy, get a support system if you donít have one already, focus on you, if youíre able get into counseling and a big one block and delete.

You got this one day at a time

Originally Posted by Pikachu
    I really hate myself for the fact I just canít say f*ck you to my ex and move on.
    Yeh...if only it were that easy huh...?

No point hating yourself PiK* - Healing takes time....

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Give Advice
Ask For Advice