LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice

Thread: Left out by co workers time 500 and sneleventy

Platinum Member

Left out by co workers time 500 and sneleventy

This isnít the first time Iíve felt excluded at a work place. This time I am on tour so I canít go and see people who actually like me after work is done though because Iím stuck far from home. I had been feeling less iceyness from the crew on this leg of the tour but we all broke for lunch today at the same time and by the time Iíd grabbed my bag they had vanished. I guess I could have called or texted someone to ask where they went. It feels a lot like chasing though. I feel like if they wanted my company they would wait. Or tell me where they were going. I feel like I miss out on work related data through being excluded from things like lunch together to but what can I do. I canít make them like or include me. The only person I can influence is me and I dont want to be chasing after people who are indifferent to my presence, again! Doesnít really make it sting any less though.

Is there a personality clash? Are you introverted or the friendly type? Is there a particular person in the group whom you could approach and implore them to have compassion to include you? Sometimes, you have to be humble in order to feel included in a group of friends or co-workers / colleagues.

With certain groups, I had to do this. I approached one or two people and asked if I could join them. Then they included me and I felt accepted. You can't just feel sorry for yourself. You have to take action instead of being a loner.

They have to get to know you better if they want your company. Perhaps they exclude you because they don't know who you are as a person. Both parties don't know each other well. Since they're not budging, you'll have to budge in order to change the situation.

I'm sorry, it's painful for you. I want you to be included and have good friends. I hope you will summon the courage to initiate inclusion one of these days. You have to start somewhere in order to see results.

Sorry you're going through this. Do you know why there may be any issues? Sometimes all it takes is one bad apple in the crowd to turn others a certain way. People generally all want to feel accepted and if acceptance is implied by following certain individuals, people will do it whether they really want to or not. It's a social/herd type of instinct.

Try and find ways around the loneliness if you are feeling lonely and remain professional if you're on tour. No, you can't make anyone like you but what you can do is put things in perspective. If you think there are differences that can't be bridged or there are a few not so great personalities in that crowd, let go of the idea of fitting in. The tour will be over eventually. Don't lose sleep over it. The show goes on!

You might be in danger of being "let go". Ive noticed this personally in the past when coworkers start excluding me from team activities and conversations.

Polish up your resume...

What is stopping you from texting someone and asking where they went? You have to be a friend to get a friend and the thought that you are "chasing" when all you're doing is trying to find out where everyone is, is very insecure and your confidence is looking weak by having that kind of thinking.

Next time why don't you ask where everyone is going for lunch BEFORE you leave the group to get your bag? If no one answers you then perhaps you will not come across as just paranoid and will actually have a valid problem in which we all can have a better chance of helping you with.

You will take this post in a defensive manner no doubt but I'm giving this opinion with the best intentions. You are currently your own worst enemy, *1a1a*

Give Advice
Ask For Advice