So my boyfriend and I have been together for 5 months. It’s summer now, and we are both off along with my friends. I’m spending most of the summer with my mom before I go back to college. But my boyfriend, E, is wanting to constantly hang out with me along with my friend, K, wanting to also hang out with me. I constantly tell them I’m busy with my family but I’d do spend at least once a day a week with them. I recently found out tho, that they had been texting one another about where I was and what I was doing or what was happening in my life. They even put me into this group chat online with them, putting me on the spot and saying I needed help because they think something is wrong with me, like depression. I was so mad. They’ve been talking for a long time together and they were never friends until now. My friend is also a girl. So I find this whole situation creepy and not to mention the fact that they were watching my location on Snapchat and instagram and they would make comments about where I was. It’s very creepy and stalkerish??? I’ve already decided to break it off with the friend but i don’t know what to do about E. I want to break up but im not sure I should do this right before college. But he really creeps me out now. We have a month and a half till college which is making it seem like forever. He has apologized but i can’t bring myself to forgive him because of how disgusting it makes me feel. My mom thinks I should wait till college too but im scared I won’t be able to enjoy my summer because he’s gonna be on me to go on dates and checking on my location if I say I’m busy. Helppppp

Don't wait for college to start. If you wish to enjoy the remainder of your summer, break up with him now and yes, he is creepy! You can't trust him after what he did behind your back. Good thing you broke it off with the friend, too.

Eliminate toxic, dysfunctional people from your life.

You can turn off the location settings on your apps and also your phone device. Please turn them all off and take a day or two for a breather if you feel like you are in over your head. It's not ok to track or talk about someone else's movements and slander or cause rumours about someone's health/mental health/personal situation behind another person's back, especially if that person is a friend or significant other.

Come back to a decision with E after you take a day to yourself to think things over. I don't think breaking up with anyone should be taken lightly and most definitely not in the heat of the moment. This is a decision that is up to you. I'm surprised your mum is asking you to wait until college to decide whether you're comfortable with a guy or not. Has your mother met your boyfriend? What does your mum think about the tracking situation with your friends and your boyfriend? Do you use it within the family to informally see where you are at as family members? Could this be why your mum hasn't asked you to turn off your tracking or doesn't seem bothered by it?

If the tables were turned and a guy was thinking he would be breaking up with you, but delaying it for 6 weeks for whatever reason, how would you feel if you found out later, that you'd wasted so much time on a facade?

Do yourselves both a favor and break up now, since he's passed the point of no return with you. Enjoy the rest of your summer, hopefully free from the drama the dumb ones created.

OK, first of all, yes totally creepy. Your thinking is correct to kick both of these people out of your life asap.

There is absolutely no reason for you to wait until you return to college to dump E. None. To wait is not only prolonging this creepy situation and creating unnecessary stress for yourself, but it's also unfair to all involved. He needs to be free to find someone else to date/stalk/control and you need to be free to enjoy what's left of your summer in peace. Never ever drag out or put off ending things. Especially under these kinds of crazy circumstances.

Also, what another poster said - get into all your apps, phone, etc, and turn off all location tracking options. Just because the technology is auto set up to track, doesn't mean you should allow it. In this day and age you need to learn how to control your privacy and set up boundaries and always be vigilant that various updates don't turn tracking back on. There is absolutely nothing normal about anyone ever demanding to track your location under any pretense. Just say no to that.

You need to reconsider these people with regard to friends. Also you seriously need to reset and revise your social media and device to much more private and secure settings. Stop broadcasting your every move, activity, etc to the whole world.

Also get off groups chats. Reset your social media so only people you know can see certain content. Most of all stop broadcasting your life and reconsider these people as friends or a bf. they sound like bored meddlesome asses.

that they were watching my location on Snapchat and instagram and they would make comments about where I was.

First, turn off the location services on your apps... it’s not just your friend and bf stalking you, it’s also potentially complete strangers that could be looking to steal your identity or worse.

Next, yes this is a creepy AF situation and I too would not be able to stomach being around someone that was following my every move and talking about me behind my back with my bff. I think it’s a good call to break it off sooner rather than later.

Thank you all for your comments! They really help! Also! My location is only for my friends, I’m actually on private settings but have my location on for family and a few friends. So that if something ever happened to me, it could help. It’s never for general public. I used to have my boyfriend see my location because I thought I could trust him. But I turned it off. I will be ending this relationship with him when I see him next. He’s very kind and sweet but yea this all was too creepy in the end.

She has! She actually really liked him until now. She thought it was creepy too but she doesn’t want me to hurt his feelings or ruin his summer. Which kinda upsets me. And yes my location is only shared with close family members and few friends. So I thought I could trust him. She doesn’t want me to turn off tracking with family but, and I agree with her, turn it off for friends.

Archived