Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Is he looking only for sex

Well, what do you want? Do you have it? Can you ask or just do what is right for you and see what happens.?

Bronze Member
    Unless there's other issues that you've omitted, then it doesn't sound to me like he's really done anything that bad!

Still using Tinder after 1.5 months with no exclusivity talk - normal in this day and age particularly if he senses (correctly based on your post) that you're having doubts about him.
    Getting a bit touchy / feely after 4 dates - that (and usually more) has happened in all my past relationships by the 4th date.

The forgetting stuff is the only thing that I would really say 'that's a bit off'. It kind of depends what it is, whether it's big / important stuff or just little details.

It sounds like after 6 weeks you still haven't had the exclusive talk. This is up to you to bring up when things get physical. People are free to meet and date others until that agreement takes place. Next time, keep in mind 6 dates is not a relationship. Dating is the time to get to know someone and if they're not your type, then you stop seeing them and move on.
    Originally Posted by Karen1992
    -we've been seeing each other for 1.5 month.
    -I know he's still using Tinder
    -I told him this relationship is too superficial and I need something more meaningful.

Originally Posted by Annia
    He might be looking for a serious relationship but not with you. Or he might be playing you by sweet talking you the things he knows you want to hear. Go by his actions and not by his words alone.
    Originally Posted by Wiseman2
    It sounds like after 6 weeks you still haven't had the exclusive talk. This is up to you to bring up when things get physical. People are free to meet and date others until that agreement takes place. Next time, keep in mind 6 dates is not a relationship. Dating is the time to get to know someone and if they're not your type, then you stop seeing them and move on.
    I didn't use word 'relationship' in our conversation and I know we are not a couple.

On our second date he did't remember what we were doing on first. This weekend he did't renember where I go for a trip. I don't understand why he asked me to give it a try though..

Unfortunately it sounds like he's not that interested. Just put him on the back burner and date others.
    Originally Posted by Karen1992
    On our second date he did't remember what we were doing on first. This weekend he did't renember where I go for a trip.

Obviously he annoys you with his scattered brain. You are not enjoying his company, therefore, no matter how cute he is, it's probably time to call it quits. It's like the Goldilocks and the 3 bears story. She tried everything out before deciding which one worked for her. This bed is too hard. This bed is too soft. This one is just right. LOL

Originally Posted by Annia
    He might be looking for a serious relationship but not with you. Or he might be playing you by sweet talking you the things he knows you want to hear. Go by his actions and not by his words alone.
    Unfortunately it sounds like he's not that interested. Just put him on the back burner and date others.
    I am dating others as we are not exclusive

Originally Posted by SherrySher
    1.) Still on Tinder

2.) Isn't interested in remembering things she told him.

3.) Sweet talks with no basis for it since he's barely made efforts to get to know her.

You could be right, Blue, he's just a thoughtless, boring guy. But he could also be a player who is dating more than one woman and can't keep the stories straight.
    All I'm saying is that it's kind of presumptuous to even assume someone is "only interested in sex" when (a) you haven't had sex with that someone and (b) that someone has not even tried to have sex with you.

He's on Tinder (but so is she). He might be dating others (as is she). They've known each other 1.5 months. This is just dating, not getting played.

If she's not into him, or feeling an icky vibe—she can bow out. If she wants to keep exploring, she can. She can also—gulp—talk to him. He knows his intentions better than us, and even if he offers up something vague and syrupy—well, most people can read that for what it is.

I think there is a lot more power when the main question you're asking is how you feel about someone rather than how they feel about you, especially in these early stages.

Well, if there is so much indecision after 1.5 months, I'd say it's probably not a match.

I am done with this guy, he went on vacations and wrote me how he want to take me there one day and just after that was using tinder (distance updated). However, thanks a lot for your help :)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Give Advice
Ask For Advice