LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Text on ex's birthday or not

Gold Member
    Thank you, guys. As you can tell, I am still so raw. I appreciate your feedback.

Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared
    My parents donít even have each otherís number. My dad doesnít even know where my mom lives . If something were to happen to me or my brother the other child would inform our father.
    Originally Posted by goddess
    I feel that the same thing that happened with your parents will happen to me. However, Andrina has a very good point: "there might be a time where there is an emergency that happens with one of your children and you might have to inform him, or vice versa". So, I won't block him but I won't text him either.

goddess, what would your sons have you do? Do you think they'd want you to be triggered by every reference to their father?

Gold Member
    Originally Posted by SarahLancaster
    goddess, what would your sons have you do? Do you think they'd want you to be triggered by every reference to their father?
    Well, I don't talk to them about their father and vice versa. It's easier for me to heal this way. It's a done deal. We're divorced. Knowing my sons, they would probably say that that was a thoughtful gesture on his part. They are so kind, caring and loving.

I only told my older son because he took me out to lunch yesterday and I received the text about 10 minutes before he picked me up. My heart was actually still palpitating at that point. I'm sure my son would have sensed that something was wrong so that's why I told him. My younger son lives 5 hours' drive away and I haven't told him. I don't think I'll tell him. When I asked my son what possessed him to send the text, his response was "He still cares for you, Mom." Yeah, right, I thought to myself. I told him that I wanted to change the subject and not discuss anything to do with his father. I wanted to enjoy my lunch. I don't care that he, supposedly, cares. He threw me to the curb. End of story. I'm doing my best to move on. I am nothing to him now (other than my kids' father) so he doesn't have to acknowledge anything in my life now. He has no business sending me anything. Yes, guess I am hurt and angry.

I don't mean to sound sour or nasty to you, Sarah, but receiving that text threw me for a loop. And, I truly didn't expect to react this way. I am still so agitated/upset today. A stupid little text. Something that I didn't need right now because I am still so broken.
    Last edited by goddess; 08-05-2019 at 03:27 PM.

I understand. I hope that time will heal your wounds.

Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared
    I suggest blocking him.

Gold Member
    Originally Posted by SarahLancaster
    I understand. I hope that time will heal your wounds.
    Thank you, Sarah. I appreciate it! xx

I suggest you give this some much needed time. Eventually you can get to a place where it doesn't rock you.
    Sometimes we just have take the high road for the sake of the kids.

Gold Member
    Originally Posted by ~Seraphim ~
    My parents donít even have each otherís number. My dad doesnít even know where my mom lives . If something were to happen to me or my brother the other child would inform our father.
    OK, but what if something happened to either one of your parents? Don't you think that the uninjured parent would want to know? I don't feel comfortable with blocking him though because of the emergency part. Also, if something were to seriously happen to him, I'd let the kids know (if I knew, of course). I'm not that much of a ogre that I'd turn my back to the ex in such a dire situation. Plus, I'd need to comfort my children, if something happened to their father.

Gold Member
    Originally Posted by reinventmyself
    I suggest you give this some much needed time. Eventually you can get to a place where it doesn't rock you.
    Sometimes we just have take the high road for the sake of the kids.
    Yes, I totally agree with you. It's too soon to deal with this effectively. Yes, it's over a silly little text but apparently it did more harm than good.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Give Advice
Ask For Advice