Reconnecting With An Old Friend

Butterflynic

Hi so I just reconnected with a guy I went to school with. He asked for my number and said that “we should link”, but he has a fiancé. I feel weird about it and he texted me at 11pm saying “hey ;)”.. but I never responded. I don’t want to be that person that flirts with a guy who is in a relationship and I strictly want to be friends. How do I go about this? He was a nice person back in school but it’s been a while and I haven’t talked to him in years. I don’t condone cheating so I wanted to know if it’s best to not reply back at all? Thank you.

Let him focus and concentrate on his fiance. His loyalty and devotion should be with his betrothed. It's weird that he suddenly asks for your number and texts you at 11PM. I'm glad I'm not engaged to him. I'd hate to think my husband would do that behind my back when we were engaged! :upset:

Listen to your gut instincts and intuition because it's always right on the mark. Since you felt weird about this, you did the right thing by ignoring him and not responding.

He was a nice person in school, however, both of you aren't kids anymore.

If you want to be polite about this, you can tell him, "Congratulations on your upcoming marriage. I wish you all the best. Please don't contact me anymore. Thank you." Remain polite, respectful yet firm.

He needs to be besties with his soon-to-be-wife!

Lesson learnt, he is a man who plays around.

No guy texts someone at 11PM looking for a chat with a friend.

He's not your friend, he's some guy you knew way back when, and by the sounds of it, he grew to be a jerk. You don't need people like that in your life.

Block his number, move on.

How did you reconnect? Was it at a reunion? If you want to stay in touch with classmates do it out in the open such as a fb friend. Why did you give him your number?

I just reconnected with a guy I went to school with. He asked for my number and and he texted me at 11pm saying “hey ;)”.

Archived