Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ex Bf came back after a year and I am so confused.

Despite his text, he's still unclear. Does he want you to meet his family for dinner because he wants you to be his friend or does he wish to rekindle a relationship with you? Get a straight up answer in order to prevent wasting your time and energy on him.

IMHO, it's huge whenever a man truly wants you to meet his family. I remember my husband was eager to introduce me to his family including his grandma! Usually, this honor and privilege is reserved for special people in a person's life and not privy to just casual friends. Nonetheless, you still need to have "a talk" with him and find out what his sincere intentions are with YOU.

It says he is thinking about you but it doesn’t mean he wants to get back together. I read some analogy - sometimes, they just want to see what is your response rate. When your internet is slow and you’re trying to figure out if there is a problem with your internet connection, you can go to a website and it will “ping” you back a response. So sometimes exes are the same - just are just curious if you will ping back or how long it takes you, but they’re not interested in anything more serious.

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by MsLeeSee
    I never said I wanted a reconciliation. He reached out to me and invited me to meet his parents. I'm confused because he doesn't act like he wants me back. So why are u begging me to meet your parents? Closure? I just don't know.
    Yet you posted this in the "Getting back together" forum.

You really don't want hum back?

Originally Posted by boltnrun
    Yet you posted this in the "Getting back together" forum.

You really don't want hum back?
    I'm Sorry. What forum should I have posted in? I'm not opposed to getting back with him, I'm just confused what everything means.

Originally Posted by annie24
    It says he is thinking about you but it doesn’t mean he wants to get back together. I read some analogy - sometimes, they just want to see what is your response rate. When your internet is slow and you’re trying to figure out if there is a problem with your internet connection, you can go to a website and it will “ping” you back a response. So sometimes exes are the same - just are just curious if you will ping back or how long it takes you, but they’re not interested in anything more serious.
    LOL, makes sense. I'm a super slow texter so it took me about a day to reply.

Originally Posted by Cherylyn
    Despite his text, he's still unclear. Does he want you to meet his family for dinner because he wants you to be his friend or does he wish to rekindle a relationship with you? Get a straight up answer in order to prevent wasting your time and energy on him.

IMHO, it's huge whenever a man truly wants you to meet his family. I remember my husband was eager to introduce me to his family including his grandma! Usually, this honor and privilege is reserved for special people in a person's life and not privy to just casual friends. Nonetheless, you still need to have "a talk" with him and find out what his sincere intentions are with YOU.
    Thanks for your reply Cherylyn. I'm gonna just talk to him, see what he says. Rather he wants a relationship or not, I think I'm okay. I usually don't go back to my exes as they're exes for a reason however him and I didn't have a bitter toxic relationship. I wish he would value who he brings home to his parents because it gives off the wrong impression to the partner and the parents. Esp being that I tend to overthink things and I don't want to be embarrassed when all is clarified. Thanks again for your response!

I'm Sorry. What forum should I have posted in? I'm not opposed to getting back with him, I'm just confused what everything means.
    Not to sound harsh, but rather than being "confused" about what everything means, I have a hunch that you Know what "everything means."

If he was serious about getting back together he'd make that clear, rather than risk losing you. In other words, he'd be camping out on your doorstep. Either way, unless you hear it straight from the horse's mouth, I wouldn't jump when he throws a few crumbs your way.

Thanks for your reply Cherylyn. I'm gonna just talk to him, see what he says. Rather he wants a relationship or not, I think I'm okay. I usually don't go back to my exes as they're exes for a reason however him and I didn't have a bitter toxic relationship. I wish he would value who he brings home to his parents because it gives off the wrong impression to the partner and the parents. Esp being that I tend to overthink things and I don't want to be embarrassed when all is clarified. Thanks again for your response!
    No problem, MsLeeSee. I'm glad you'll talk to him and ask him questions so you can receive straight up answers from him. A man should never be a question mark to you. It's good that you don't have a bitter toxic relationship with him. Ask him questions so you won't misunderstand his intentions such as introducing you to his family. You won't overthink after you get the answers you are looking for. Enjoy the dinner, btw!

Platinum Member
    I think he's single again and feeling a little lonely or bored, and wants to see if your door is still open.

I would be personally be laughing inside at his request to meet the family now, after a break-up and a year of silence from him. A little late for that, bud.

I'll take a little more perhaps empathic stand point....

If interacting with him isn't hurting you or disrupting your day too much then maybe just be casual and start again as friends....Yep, there I said it 'Friends'....

You're the prize here and if he doesn't act on it then it's his loss right...?

Exes do come back...It's never happened to me but I've seen it here and there. But rarely do they come back and lay on the floor begging "I NEED YOU BACK!!!" ....nor would you really want that....

So perhaps let things evolve a little more organically yeh? Putting him under the spotlight will only cause unnecessary pressure....

That said, if it IS hurting you and disrupting your day then yes you'll probably have to sort it out asap....

S'up to you*

Carus :)

12. 08-05-2019, 07:25 AM
    Reason
    Trolling

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Give Advice
Ask For Advice