Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ex Bf came back after a year and I am so confused.

Originally Posted by boltnrun
    If you want to reconcile and he doesn't then you are wasting your time and hurting yourself.
    I never said I wanted a reconciliation. He reached out to me and invited me to meet his parents. I'm confused because he doesn't act like he wants me back. So why are u begging me to meet your parents? Closure? I just don't know.

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by MsLeeSee
    I never said I wanted a reconciliation. He reached out to me and invited me to meet his parents. I'm confused because he doesn't act like he wants me back. So why are u begging me to meet your parents? Closure? I just don't know.
    So why are YOU interacting with him? What payoff are you getting from your communication with him?

Platinum Member
    Ask him.. We are not mind readers.

[QUOTE=Hollyj;7151773]Ask him.. We are not mind readers.[/QUOTE

Just looking for "advice" Thanks Holly. Enjoy the rest of your day.

So why are YOU interacting with him? What payoff are you getting from your communication with him?
    Why not? Im not bitter towards him. We have a positive past. I guess I was looking for advice or questions to ask him that he can't circle around as he has been. It's honorable to me to finally meet his parents and I often feel like it's a test to see if they like me, to determine if he wanted another chance with me. But I am an over thinker lol. Don't mind me.

Platinum Member
    Ask him if he wants you to meet his parents to determine if he wants another chance with you.

Since you are confused, it's time to have an in depth, thorough conversation with him preferably in person. Ask him what are his intentions? Does he want to be just friends? Does he wish to rekindle a boyfriend-girlfriend relationship now that his child custody battles are behind him? What's the deal? Be point blank and get straight answers from him.

No more guessing games. Get clear answers as to where this is going.

Then after that, you determine whether or not you're wasting your time and energy on him. That's what I think.

Ask him if he wants you to meet his parents to determine if he wants another chance with you.
    So when I asked him why he wanted me to meet his parents, here is his exact "text" response. He called me after and basically voiced the same thing.

"Look I'm not trying to hurt you. I'm not playing around. I'll admit a year ago, I just wasn't there. I had going on at work and at home. I'll be honest I wasn't fully invested in being in a relationship at that time. I didn't give my whole 100%. Didn't even try. I recently reached out because you were on my mind and I wanted to see how you been doing. At that time I decided I wanted to have you meet my family, to which you won't understand how much that would've meant to me. My family is very open to people. They know who you are and what happen between us. They don't judge, they don't care. They just want me happy"

Platinum Member
    It is vague. Why aren't you asking him what he wants? We do not know what is in his mind.

Platinum Member
    But that does not address if he wants to get back together.

I would tell him that I don't think meeting his parents is a good idea if we are not together as a couple. If he is not interested in reconciling then there's no need to meet the family.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Give Advice
Ask For Advice