I just broke up with the girl I love dearly.

YskQl10

I just broke up with a girl I've dated for a year and love very dearly, but out relationship would not have lasted and I had to end it for the both of us. I feel like absolute trash and I don't know what to do. I have no friends left in my town and my college classes start in a few weeks with no job, and without financial support from my parents. I just need some advice.

Can you go back home and stay with parents until you get your self centered again? You haven't given us much information so can you elaborate on the history of your relationship and why you needed to end it? Were you living together? If you aren't getting financial help from your parents can you get work and put your college classes off a year until you've saved up enough money to attend while working part time?

Ok, go to the admissions office and discuss student housing, work/study programs and financial aid. Ask about scholarship programs and requirements. Strive for the best grades you can and focus on your future profession. Get a part time job that brings you some cash and gets you out among other people. Join some groups, teams and clubs. Get out there and get involved in campus life. As far as this girl, why did you end it? Would it have been long distance?

I had to end it for the both of us. I have no friends left in my town and my college classes start in a few weeks with no job, and without financial support from my parents. I just need some advice.

It sounds like you're making your situation worse by breaking up the with the girl you apparently love dearly.

What was the purpose of that? You decided it was over for the both of you? All the other stuff is issues that come with life but dumping a girl you love for little to no reason seems like punishment on her end because you're in a crappy situation.

I really hope you get everything figured out and you don't feel the need to punish other people for inconveniences in your life.

It sounds like you were feeling sorry for yourself and decided to self sabotage and self destruct your relationship in the process.

You should get professional help, it might help you figure out why you feel the need to explode everything in your life when one thing goes wrong.

In a healthy mind one trigger shouldn't trigger something in someone's head causing them to take an emotional wrecking ball to every little thing in their life.

Sorry if I'm coming off harsh. I had an ex boyfriend that would do stuff like this and it was single handedly one of the most primitive ways of problem solving.

I'm sorry about the breakup. Give yourself time to heal your wounded heart.

You'll make new friends once college classes start again.

Become aggressive with your intense job search. I've been there and did it without any help from anyone whatsoever. Where there is a will, there is a way.

I understand loving someone very much but knowing your relationship will not survive in the long run. I get it, because I've been in your position.

It was hard. It sucks. But know that if you truly feel that you two are not meant for one another, you are doing both yourself and her a big service. Be proud of yourself for that. Remain headstrong in your decision and do not second-guess yourself.

I transferred colleges during my sophomore year, so I also understand starting a new semester with no friends in your present city. If you are looking for employment, utilize your university's career center (most colleges have their own job boards, for example, such as Handshake) and check for upcoming career fairs on or off campus.

A job is a great way to meet new people and potential friends, but getting involved on campus and in the community is also an awesome way. Colleges almost always have involvement fairs at the beginning of each semester, so maybe take advantage of that opportunity since it's right around the corner! Most student organizations are pretty lax and are more a 'when you have the time' sort of deal, which is great if your free time is also being spent holding down a job.

Why do you not have the financial support of your parents? Did you burn a few bridges? Your priorities are to get a job and figure out your housing and then figure out your class load (how many classes you can afford this year). Start moving through those priorities and you can decompress later or in the process of working things out. This relationship is over. Love is not the be all and end all and plenty of people overcome relationships that are not substantial enough to carry on long term. Let this go and start prioritizing.

Archived