LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The way out of low self esteem.

Platinum Member
    What helped me, was making my life full.

When you make your entire world around one person, you get lost. This is never healthy as you should have balance.

I got involved with everything: classes, started new hobbies, Meet ups, and volunteering. Volunteering has been the most rewarding and I have made many friends. You need to get yourself out there!

I also suggest regular exercise and a good diet. it will all fall together, but you have to make the effort.

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by MissCanuck
    Getting in shape is a good starting point. Not necessarily only for the physical benefits, but also the mental ones. The hormones that kick in after a good workout create a pleasant buzz, a healthy one. It helps you feel good about yourself and the more you take care of yourself by being active and eating well, the more that inner light projects outwards.
    I agree. It is meditative for me. Helps me destress.

I also feel better when I am in shape.
    Last edited by Hollyj; 08-04-2019 at 11:44 AM.

Thank you all for your comments, they are very helpful.

@Sarah
    Well, i am at a point where I only focus on my bad traits, like being immature and co-dependent on people around, being clingy and too emotional. I have been trying to work on all of these, but not big results, because I haven’t got enought time for myself at this point(I study literally continuously for my final exam) and also I always fail and disspoint myself again.
    I also was raised in a “small world” with narrowed horisons, with low education level and many other financial and social lacks and this is another reason of low self esteem.

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by Highsky
    Thank you all for your comments, they are very helpful.

@Sarah
    Well, i am at a point where I only focus on my bad traits, like being immature and co-dependent on people around, being clingy and too emotional. I have been trying to work on all of these, but not big results, because I haven’t got enought time for myself at this point(I study literally continuously for my final exam) and also I always fail and disspoint myself again.
    I also was raised in a “small world” with narrowed horisons, with low education level and many other financial and social lacks and this is another reason of low self esteem.
    If you have time to think negatively about yourself , you have time to think positively.

You don’t need time to raise your self esteem. You need to change your outlook.

How you were raised,where you were raised, financial input etc have nothing to do with you as an individual.

Every time you think something negative about yourself , remind yourself about two positives!

Are you kind? Generous? Etc

Now that you have told us what you perceive to be negative traits. , can you tell us the positives?

Originally Posted by Billie28
    Two of 3 respondents assume low self esteem is because of weight and physical appearance ?
    Why is that??

Did I miss something??
    Granted, weight and physical appearance isn't everything. I get that, however, there is a strong sound body, sound mind connection.

I was merely sharing my personal experience. Whenever I don't workout regularly, I feel down in the dumps meaning my self esteem plunges to beneath low! That all changes after I workout and I feel like a million buck$. Then couple that with eating right, remaining slender, fit and self confidence soars. I can take on the world. I like myself better and I treat others better, too.

People can perceive your security by how you carry yourself and supreme health gives you that sense of overall well being. Exercise is a great stress reliever, gives a person the power of positive thinking and whatever it does to the body is gravy.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Give Advice
Ask For Advice