LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Do you detix from social media?

Silver Member
    This is my experience, which I hope will be helpful to you.

To be very honest, I'm rarely on social media. I mainly keep it to stay in touch with acquaintances or some friends who live far away. It's certainly useful to promote a cause or something relevant. Anyway, I've noticed that once you're on it you can easily waste quite some time.

So, to minimise any time wasting, here's what I do: I follow a bunch of informative & fun stuff on social media that way my feed will be flooded with interesting & productive content. However, I only log on from home as my phone is social media free. The only exception is a messaging app, as where I live most people don't SMS any more.

Every now and then (leaning towards rarely) I may like something or post just so people know I'm still alive. But quite frankly, those who are close to me know how to reach me outside of social media.

Platinum Member
    Yes Cherlyn you are right. Itís a time suck and also Iíve made great and meaningful connections so I try to practice self restraint when Iím on there. Also OP you can literally time yourself so you donít get too invested.

Originally Posted by Batya33
    Yes Cherlyn you are right. Itís a time suck and also Iíve made great and meaningful connections so I try to practice self restraint when Iím on there. Also OP you can literally time yourself so you donít get too invested.
    Yes Batya33. I agree, too.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Give Advice
Ask For Advice