We’ve been talking/dating for 5 months but I decided to finally asking him where we stood because he seemed a bit off lately. He says he does like me but doesn’t want a relationship rn. I’m so concerned I feel like a complete idiot. I told him why he didn’t tell me sooner he said that he barely made up his mind. I last said that I hope he finds what he’s looking for & he never responded again. Should I take him off all social media or let him continue to see my posts?

I would delete and block him. What matters is that you don't see his posts. I would have had the exclusivity conversation sooner personally and been concerned around the three month mark that it had not been brought up, but what's done is done. He made it clear where he stands and he isn't offering what you want, so it's time to stop worrying about him and move on.

What do you want to do OP? I don't think there is a right or wrong answer to your question because its what you are comfortable with. If you are ok with him seeing your posts online then you can allow him to do that. If you are not comfortable with it, then don't. Im not a fan of blocking unless things become an issue so its really up to you. Either way, you are going to be just fine.

I don't think "letting" him see your social media activity matters one way or the other, really. It isn't going to change his feelings.

If you feel you might fall into the familiar trap of posting pics of you being "fun" and "carefree" in secret hopes that he sees it and regrets his choice, though - then yes, delete and block. Even though you weren't in a relationship and thus didn't exactly break up, dumpees often get sucked into that mindset with social media and stay needlessly hooked on their ex longer than they should.

We’ve been talking/dating for 5 months but I decided to finally asking him where we stood because he seemed a bit off lately. He says he does like me but doesn’t want a relationship rn. I’m so concerned I feel like a complete idiot. I told him why he didn’t tell me sooner he said that he barely made up his mind. I last said that I hope he finds what he’s looking for & he never responded again. Should I take him off all social media or let him continue to see my posts?

What do you mean by “talking/dating”?

Were you talking or dating?

How much talking and how much dating???

Why do you believe he should have told you sooner that he didn’t want a relationship? You didn’t ask him sooner? And clearly he didn’t think he had to tell you? You went along with whatever it was . It doesn’t sound like he duped you. But perhaps you read into things to be more than it actually was???

I think if you actually knew what you wanted to do, you wouldn't have to start a thread to get opinions so "do what you want to do" isn't going to help you much.

I think it is somewhat bothering you that he can see what you're up to when he really doesn't want anything other than casual with you so I'll reiterate that you should probably just delete him and get on with getting him out of your head.

What do you think about that?

Yes completely delete and block him and all his people from all your social media and messaging apps. Next time discuss being exclusive as soon as things get physical, don't let it drag out 5 mos in limbo.

We’ve been talking/dating for 5 months. He says he does like me but doesn’t want a relationship

Archived