Originally Posted by ThatwasThen
    How old of a mother will you be?

Yes... it's totally possible.
    18 years old...

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by Peach2001
    18 years old...
    Did you get the Plan B?

You know you only have a certain (small) window of time to take it in order for it to be safe and effective right?

Originally Posted by boltnrun
    Did you get the Plan B?

You know you only have a certain (small) window of time to take it in order for it to be safe and effective right?
    Nope. Didnít have the extra money after paying rent. 🤷🏼♀️

Platinum Member
    Nope. Didnít have the extra money after paying rent. 🤷🏼♀️
    A baby will cost you a lot more. I'm sure your boyfriend realizes that too, which is why he said he wants you to get Plan B.

You could call the free clinic. They have programs that can provide Plan B for free or low cost.

Question is, do you kind of want to be pregnant?

A baby will cost you a lot more. I'm sure your boyfriend realizes that too, which is why he said he wants you to get Plan B.

You could call the free clinic. They have programs that can provide Plan B for free or low cost.

I mean, yeah. I kinda want a child. But I donít have the financial funds for it.

I mean, yeah. I kinda want a child. But I donít have the financial funds for it at the moment

Platinum Member
    I mean, yeah. I kinda want a child. But I donít have the financial funds for it at the moment
    How long ago did you have the unprotected sex?

How long ago did you have the unprotected sex?
    5 days ago... today would have been the last day I could get plan b

Platinum Member
    5 days ago... today would have been the last day I could get plan b
    Well, I guess it's time to start mentally preparing to possibly be parents. Every penny you can sock away should be saved. And be sure to take care of your health.

Of course, abortion is another option if you aren't ready to be parents.

18 is really, really young to be a parent.

I know it seems great, a tiny person who loves you and you can play with. But trust me, its ten times harder.

Babies are hard, the first few months you won't get barely any sleep. I mean, literally days, sometimes even weeks, of a few hours here and there.
    Babies cry, loud and long, and sometimes you can do everything possible to stop them from crying and nothing works.
    They can cry for hours and hours.

The cuddle time/date time you have with your boyfriend, you can kiss that goodbye. There is no time for that. Your number one priority will be on the baby and all your energy will be gone by the time you even think of spending anytime with your boyfriend.

Same with money, you will be broke for at least the next 18 years of your life. No extra money for makeup, clothes, going out, vacations, etc...it's not possible when you have a baby unless you have a very rich husband or win the lottery.
    You will be counting your pennies constantly and never having anything extra.

Social life? Going to clubs? All gone..unless you want to be the type of mother who abandons her baby and goes and gets wasted.
    When you're young and motherless...it's no big deal to go clubbing etc...but as a mother, that is off limits to you.
    Besides, it won't feel too good to wake up with a hangover and a screaming baby.

These are all things for you to consider.
    Will you be ready for a baby at some point in your life? Possibly, but you really ought to wait until your more financially stable, more mature and can cope better.
    It's not only fair to yourself and your boyfriend but to a baby as well.

I would say mid 20's and up is more reasonable. As for now, be careful, have safe sex and just enjoy your freedom.
    Don't take for granted your youth and your free time. It will soon be good for good.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Give Advice
Ask For Advice