So when I’m a you get about 14-15 I was with this girl and I fell in love with her and for many years we was on and off but then one day we both decided we couldn’t be bothered with it anymore so we left it but there’s always been a a connections from both sides we still speak as friends but nothing more, I’m currently in a new relationship and was happy until a couple of months ago I maybe should mention that we also have a daughter and im at a stage now where I don’t think I want to be with her anymore of course I still have feelings for her but also the feelings for my ex have also returned and I don’t know weather I should stick with the mother of my child or go for something Different

DO NOT start anything new while you are still in a relationship. You owe it to your current girlfriend to respect enough that you don't go fooling around. If you are not happy, either excuse yourself from it, or work on ways to be happy. Until then, the other girl should stay in the past.

I would never cheat on her that’s something I wouldn’t do but I just don’t seem to be as happy with my current partner as we once were

What about your child? Don't you owe it to your child to at least talk to your partner to try to work things out?

Or would you rather be a part time father with a new girlfriend your child would have to get used to?

Replied in your other thread under another user name : https://www.enotalone.com/forum/showthread.php?t=561059&p=7151169&viewfull=1#post7151169

I was with this girl and I fell in love with her and for many years we was on and off but then one day we both decided we couldn’t be bothered with it anymore so we left it but there’s always been a a connections from both sides we still speak as friends but nothing more,

I’m currently in a new relationship and was happy until a couple of months ago I maybe should mention that we also have a daughter. I still have feelings for her but also the feelings for my ex have also returned

You should choose the mother of your child and do your best to make it work. You owe it to your child. That other girl, you were not compatible with her or you would have found a way to make it work. You sound like someone who walks away when the going gets tough. As long as you remain a quitter, you will never be happy with any woman. Your ex is no exception.

I’m not a quitter amd I have been the one trying to stay in the relationship while she has been distant and cold and I’ve wanted things to return to the way they are but she is having none of it and I have stuck in this relationship for my child and I’d never be a part time father I will always be there for my child weather or not I’m with her mother my child is my number one priority regardless

I’ve tired being the bigger person and getting a conversation started on how to make our relationship work I’ve tried everything but we constantly argue over different things and it’s starting to grate on me yea my feelings for my ex might not be all I thought they were but does that not put doubt in your head that your not worth the right person and at the minute we can’t go to counselling

Well I would cut all contact with the ex currently. You are already in a relationship and you have a child with your partner so you owe it to your child to try and resolve these issues.

However if you try and give 100% and the loves really gone then you need to leave. Not cheat but leave with maturity and respect and sort agreement over financial support and child visits.

Staying together for the kids is the worst advice ever. Nothing will damage your child more. That is closely followed by the toxic term 'man up'.

My gut feeling is you will end up with neither woman. The ex is just you just tying to justify a reason why you no longer have feelings for your current partner.

I have cut the contact with the ex and I am willing to try and rekindle things with my current partner, I would never cheat on her I would leave before anything Like that happened and even more so she’s my daughters mother that doesn’t show a great deal of respect if her father did that or her mother so that is out the question, we was once Inseparable but now it seems she is distant and that’s what’s been playing on my mind a lot am I only in this relationship for my daughter

I maybe should mention that we also have a daughter and im at a stage now where I don’t think I want to be with her anymore of course I still have feelings for her but also the feelings for my ex have also returned and I don’t know weather I should stick with the mother of my child or go for something Different

Who is going to be a father to your child?

Archived