Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Admitted to a private university but

I think I could retake some courses and I need to improve my interview skills. I called the financial aid office but it looks like I have to wait until I get a student ID. I honestly think they're just going to offer me loans. I will make a decision after I speak to them. Thank you.

Originally Posted by iknowhow2luv
    Yes, I will be working but at some point I will have to cut my hours. I am low-income and my parents can't help me pay for college. I do live with my parents and that helps me save money but I live in California and everything is expensive. It will take me years to pay off my debts. Thank you for your reply.
    I would continue applying to public colleges and avoid private college debts as much as possible. You are fortunate to live with your parents to offset costs such as rent, utilities, food, insurance, etc.

Never give up. You will figure this out and make it work. Where there is a will, there is a way.

I worked night shift, full time 40 hours a week, enrolled in college full time by day while I financially supported my widowed my mother and younger siblings. I paid for my own car, gas, insurance, tuition, books, clothing and still managed to save some money every month. I didn't realize how tough and strong I was at such a young age back in the day. If I can do it, so can you. It takes pure grit.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Give Advice
Ask For Advice