Is my ex just using me?

ThatGirlTayl

After being apart for 5 months we got back in contact with each other. He initiated contact via text and then have been texting frequently. He would send me really sweet messages, love songs, apologies, playlists of love songs, etc.

We talked on the phone last night which again he initiated.

During our hour and a half phone call we talked about how we are still in love with each other and how he still wants to be with me, and working on our relationship. We talked about things we miss about each other, he kept telling me he loves me and I'm the only good person in his life, and we discussed what we would expect from each other in a new relationship. He asked me to go to his court hearing on Monday even because he wants me there. And then this morning he tells me again that he loves me.

Also, this morning, my ex heart reacted another girl's picture and commented "nice 👌" on it after we talked on the phone for an hour and a half last night.

Should I confront him? Or what? I feel absolutely crushed because it sounded like over the phone he had come to his senses and he said he has realized that he only loves me and we had a delightful conversation where we laughed and talked. I don't understand his behavior.

It's a change in plea hearing for robbery.

Why isn't someone who has a criminal record a deal breaker? What do your friends and family think of him? How many times has he been arrested?

The communication problems still exist.

Find someone who does not have a record and has more to offer. This guy is a loser. You can do much better, OP.

It's a change in plea hearing for robbery.

Girl, what the hell?

You need to raise your standards - dramatically. Don't date guys like this.

It's bizarre to me that you are worried about a social media comment, yet skate right over his criminal history. Is there a reason you don't think you can do better than this, and that your priorities are so out of whack?

Okay, beyond the crime, which I agree with the others on, what is exactly the issue with him commenting on someone else's pic on social media? And how does this possibly take back any of the time you spent talking on the phone?

Did he promise never to comment on anything ever again on social media and broke this by making this fairly normal response on someone's photo? Was he proposing something sexual that us old folks (who aren't millenials) can't see in that emoji? Was it on the girl he left you for? It all sees like an overreaction.

Okay, beyond the crime, which I agree with the others on, what is exactly the issue with him commenting on someone else's pic on social media? And how does this possibly take back any of the time you spent talking on the phone?

Did he promise never to comment on anything ever again on social media and broke this by making this fairly normal response on someone's photo? Was he proposing something sexual that us old folks (who aren't millenials) can't see in that emoji? Was it on the girl he left you for? It all sees like an overreaction.

No, he didn't leave me for anyone. And I doubt he did anything sexual with her since she is only 17.

How old is he? How old are you? Why are you not responding to the comments About him being a felon? What do your friends and family think of him? Do you usually date guys like this?

He commits a serious crime and yet you don't think he would pursue an underage girl? He has morals in this area, but not others. I do not understand why you would want any involvement with someone like this. This is what your future looks like: a partner, in and out of jail.

Court hearing for what?

Also, have you two gotten back together? If it has not been explicitly decided by both that you're in a relationship again, then you shouldn't assume anything or expect anything and therefor shouldn't be concerned about his actions on social media towards other women. Why did you break up? Have the issues that caused the break up been solved? Why do you think he's using you? What are you providing him of use? Sex? Money? Are you not together in person?

Edit: I've read now that he's a felon. I'd run away as fast as I could. This is not some little felony from many years ago that he's grown from and improved. This is something that happened recently. You should be glad you're not together with this man anymore and not be wondering about how he feels about you and how to get back with him.

You can't be "used" unless you want to be. Why does he want you to go to court with him?

Probably so his attorney can point to her and say "See! He has the support of his girlfriend who is standing by him despite his 'mistakes'! He should be allowed to plead down/be out on bail/be given probation!"

Then once the deal is cut it's See Ya!

Anyone facing jail time will need a fool to send him money, visit them in jail, set them up for a place to land when they get out, etc. So of course he's backtracking through the black book and wooing whatever women he can line up for this.

That's why he's laying the bs on so thick. Block and delete him and do not go to court with him.

He would send me really sweet messages, love songs, apologies, playlists of love songs, etc. he kept telling me he loves me and I'm the only good person in his life

my ex heart reacted another girl's picture and commented "nice 👌" on it after we talked on the phone for an hour and a half last night.

Probably so his attorney can point to her and say "See! He has the support of his girlfriend who is standing by him despite his 'mistakes'! He should be allowed to plead down/be out on bail/be given probation!"

Then once the deal is cut it's See Ya!

Probably. I have thought about this possibility. I could definitely see him just manipulating me, using me, and then bowing out after he gets what he wants from me which is probation.

Anyone facing jail time will need a fool to send him money, visit them in jail, set them up for a place to land when they get out, etc. So of course he's backtracking through the black book and wooing whatever women he can line up for this.

That's why he's laying the bs on so thick. Block and delete him and do not go to court with him.

That's true. It hurts, but that's probably true. I guess the guy I used to love and care about doesn't exist anymore.

That's true. It hurts, but that's probably true. I guess the guy I used to love and care about doesn't exist anymore.

You were broken up for five months because he's an a-hole. Why you went back to him is beyond me and now you've started another thread wherein he's doing to you exactly why you broke up in the first place... he's running cold AGAIN after getting hot with you for one night. Don't worry, he'll come back before the hearing so he can manipulate you into whatever else fits HIS needs and eff yours.

You're your own worse enemy, chica. Wizen up and next this hood.

You were broken up for five months because he's an a-hole. Why you went back to him is beyond me and now you've started another thread wherein he's doing to you exactly why you broke up in the first place... he's running cold AGAIN after getting hot with you for one night. Don't worry, he'll come back before the hearing so he can manipulate you into whatever else fits HIS needs and eff yours.

You're your own worse enemy, chica. Wizen up and next this hood.

We broke up because he was physically abusing me and we have a no contact order and he keeps violating it. And I care too much about him to report it.

Archived