Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: The other groomsman

Bronze Member
    Originally Posted by loyal
    Go for it! What is the worst that could happen? You have nothing to lose.
    Fantastic!

Send him a message. Don't be too forward and keep things light. You got this!
    Thanks Loyal, what would be a keep it light message ó in your opinion?

Platinum Member
    Not Loyal (but I'll give it a shot)

Hi Hot Wedding Guest-Pilot,
    I enjoyed meeting you at Traditional Bride/Traditional Groom's wedding - hope you had a good time. They look so happy together. Anyway, I was hoping we could keep in touch - feel free to message me here or call/text at 867-5309. I usually check my phone more than Facebook but whatever works. Look forward to hearing from you and have a great weekend. Best, FirstDates.

Bronze Member
    Oh Wow Batya, and thatís lightweight hey! Iíd love to see forward :) just teasing. Iím a direct person myself.

Or on second read you wouldnít actually call him Ďhotí, thatís just his title because you donít have his name!

Do you think ďstay in touchĒ is ambiguous?

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by FirstDates
    Oh Wow Batya, and thatís lightweight hey! Iíd love to see forward :) just teasing. Iím a direct person myself.

Or on second read you wouldnít actually call him Ďhotí, thatís just his title because you donít have his name!

No because the purpose of the email is to see if he's interested in you -that is why you give your alternate contact information - it is very direct once you do that -he knows you want him to respond and "stay in touch" is a way to put out feelers without asking right away to meet up. Of course the hot part was a joke.

Forward would be "Hi -we met at ___ wedding and I found you attractive! Let's go on a date sometime, ok?"

Bronze Member
    Go for it! What is the worst that could happen? You have nothing to lose.
    Originally Posted by Batya33
    No because the purpose of the email is to see if he's interested in you -that is why you give your alternate contact information - it is very direct once you do that -he knows you want him to respond and "stay in touch" is a way to put out feelers without asking right away to meet up. Of course the hot part was a joke.

Forward would be "Hi -we met at ___ wedding and I found you attractive! Let's go on a date sometime, ok?"
    Haha, without the hot bit itís perfect!

Platinum Member
    Haha, without the hot bit itís perfect!
    Oh I just used it as a made up name instead of "John Doe" -sorry I thought it was obvious that it was a joke!

Bronze Member
    Originally Posted by Batya33
    Oh I just used it as a made up name instead of "John Doe" -sorry I thought it was obvious that it was a joke!
    The wheels were just turning slow! On the second read through I was tracking with you!

Platinum Member
    I have seen it work where wedding guest asks the bride (unless you are family with the groom), about the groomsmen. you know, get a feel for if he is looking for someone to date, put the feelers out. if she says "oh, that jerk?' then you know the story. That was before social media, though. So you can get a vibe

Try not to get ahead of yourself. First see if he accepts your friend request, then consider a private message. Start with what you have in common such as the wedding so at least he knows who you are (since he didn't notice you, ask about you or ask for your contact info from you or anyone else). Make sure you don't come off as a creepy stalker.

Silver Member
    Thanks Loyal, what would be a keep it light message ó in your opinion?
    I woud say "hi! It's been a while! I hope everything is well with you. Would you like to get together one night this week and catch up? I'd love to see you!"

Short and sweet and to the point!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Give Advice
Ask For Advice