Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: The other groomsman

Bronze Member
    Originally Posted by loyal
    Go for it! What is the worst that could happen? You have nothing to lose.
    I like the way you think.
    I feel like if I donít reach out I will never hear from him again or see him, so literally no downside!

Platinum Member
    The only downside is if you get hopes up of any response let alone a response that he is interested in a date. So I'd manage expectations beforehand so that it's more like a little blip on the radar if you don't get the desired response.

Bronze Member
    Originally Posted by Batya33
    The only downside is if you get hopes up of any response let alone a response that he is interested in a date. So I'd manage expectations beforehand so that it's more like a little blip on the radar if you don't get the desired response.
    True, good advice.

I know that even if he did say yes, it could still not be a fit. I hardly know him, so managing expectations is great advice!

Does he live near you?

Platinum Member
    If he doesn't live near you and you barely talked, I would not 'go for it" - you look like the woman who hears stories about people meeting at weddings and you are really bent on making it happen. When your crush in the wedding had a girlfriend, you moved on to the next groomsman. I think if he was single AND looking, he would have noticed you and maybe made it a point to seek you out on the dance floor. Or maybe he would have asked his friend about you. If you had chatted the night away, I would have said GO FOR IT. Its harmless to friend him on FB if there is a group to share photos from the wedding, though.

Bronze Member
    Yes ;) same city!

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by FirstDates
    Yes ;) same city!
    Great and I agree harmless to friend him on FB.

Silver Member
    Originally Posted by FirstDates
    Yes ;) same city!
    Fantastic!

Send him a message. Don't be too forward and keep things light. You got this!

Originally Posted by boltnrun
    This is a different groomsman.
    Then yes, see if he's receptive to your FB friend invite and coffee invitation. You have to start somewhere. Hope it works out for you!

Bronze Member
    Originally Posted by abitbroken
    If he doesn't live near you and you barely talked, I would not 'go for it" - you look like the woman who hears stories about people meeting at weddings and you are really bent on making it happen. When your crush in the wedding had a girlfriend, you moved on to the next groomsman. I think if he was single AND looking, he would have noticed you and maybe made it a point to seek you out on the dance floor. Or maybe he would have asked his friend about you. If you had chatted the night away, I would have said GO FOR IT. Its harmless to friend him on FB if there is a group to share photos from the wedding, though.
    We live in the same city.
    The event was not conducive to dancing the night away, the couple was super traditional and there was no dancing. The head table was divided bridesmaids one sided, groomsmen other side. It would have taken a lot of confidence to go chat him up!

Itís not that Iíve heard stories and Ďmust have that experienceí ó a wedding is a great place to meet people, lots of cases friends of friends have similar values. I think the chances are better than other events but usually there is more entertainment!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Give Advice
Ask For Advice