LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Did he breakup with me?

Originally Posted by maew
    12 days? This would be all the answer I needed.
    I know. I was going to wait till day 14 before I block him for good.
    Only because my ego wants to tell him to go eat
    sót. if he does text a lame ďhiĒ So day 14 he will be blocked for sure.

Platinum Member
    Why did you tolerate this:
    "My ex bf of a year plus only uses texts as a form of communication. It aggravates the hell out of me. Iíve told him that I would prefer a phone call for serious stuff. Mind you itís long distance. You would think heíd want to FaceTime me sometimes. Nope. As far as I know he wasnít seeing anyone else. I told him that letís set a time on his day off when we can FaceTime. I think we did that twice. I stopped complaining because even though we were ďexclusiveĒ we hadnít made it official."

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by Sandypants
    I know. I was going to wait till day 14 before I block him for good.
    Only because my ego wants to tell him to go eat
    sót. if he does text a lame ďhiĒ So day 14 he will be blocked for sure.
    Good grief! Just do it already. You have already allowed way too much. he does not care!

I think you should address how you allow men to treat you. It does not sound like they respect you, or consider themselves to be in a relationship. it sounds very one-sided.

Platinum Member
    I didnít feel like he did.
    This is incredibly naive thinking on your part.

If he can avoid your calls, he can certainly avoid a girlfriend's calls by pretending to be away on business (or any other palatable excuse) when he was actually with you. Some people are masters at lying and hiding things. You not feeling like he is dating someone is not evidence that he is not dating someone. You hope he's not, of course, but I would say that probability is high that he actually is and has been for a long time. You have been way too passive in allowing him to get away with never calling you, never taking your calls, not being official with you - he could easily be living a double life and it would sail right over your head, unfortunately.

At the risk of being blunt, you need to wake up, my friend.

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by MissCanuck
    This is incredibly naive thinking on your part.

If he can avoid your calls, he can certainly avoid a girlfriend's calls by pretending to be away on business (or any other palatable excuse) when he was actually with you. Some people are masters at lying and hiding things. You not feeling like he is dating someone is not evidence that he is not dating someone. You hope he's not, of course, but I would say that probability is high that he actually is and has been for a long time. You have been way too passive in allowing him to get away with never calling you, never taking your calls, not being official with you - he could easily be living a double life and it would sail right over your head, unfortunately.

At the risk of being blunt, you need to wake up, my friend.
    Yes. And, there seems to be a pattern for the OP.

Originally Posted by Hollyj
    Why did you tolerate this:
    "My ex bf of a year plus only uses texts as a form of communication. It aggravates the hell out of me. Iíve told him that I would prefer a phone call for serious stuff. Mind you itís long distance. You would think heíd want to FaceTime me sometimes. Nope. As far as I know he wasnít seeing anyone else. I told him that letís set a time on his day off when we can FaceTime. I think we did that twice. I stopped complaining because even though we were ďexclusiveĒ we hadnít made it official."
    Because his good side out weighed this. This is the first time heís ever lashed out like this to me. But it was like this outburst he had took the scales off my eyes. Since I have experienced this type of relationship before in the past I know it maybe the first time but it wonít be the last.
    In the past after we argue about this. We wonít speak for a couple of days. Then I would reach out to him and it would be back to the status quo.

This time. I said no. I am not reaching out. If it ends then let it end.

If he had messaged a called me within a couple of days to apologize or explain his outburst then maybe I would stay in the relationship. Knowing him he was expecting me to reach out.

Platinum Member
    "I was in an on again off again relationship with a man who made that statement for FIVE years! Iím never doing that again. Trust me."

Same situation, but different guy. Your picker is off.

Platinum Member
    "I was in an on again off again relationship with a man who made that statement for FIVE years! Iím never doing that again. Trust me."

Bingo. You need to adjust your standards, OP. They're way too low.

Platinum Member
    Because his good side out weighed this. This is the first time heís ever lashed out like this to me. But it was like this outburst he had took the scales off my eyes. Since I have experienced this type of relationship before in the past I know it maybe the first time but it wonít be the last.
    In the past after we argue about this. We wonít speak for a couple of days. Then I would reach out to him and it would be back to the status quo.

This time. I said no. I am not reaching out. If it ends then let it end.

If he had messaged a called me within a couple of days to apologize or explain his outburst then maybe I would stay in the relationship. Knowing him he was expecting me to reach out.
    You have tolerated the limited contact for the entire relationship. You said he has only FaceTimed you twice. This is unacceptable. The "good" could not outweigh the complete lack of communication. How good could the good times be, when you saw one another 6 or 7 times a year? Your expectations are extremely low. You're still not getting it.

Just block him. he does not care or even want to be in a relationship with you. This is what you said. Please seek out some counseling to deal with your self esteem issues.

Yeah if I allow it.
    I know you all think I am naive about him having a girlfriend or cheating. It wasnít his thing. It just wasnít.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Give Advice
Ask For Advice