Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: My boyfriend is always mad at me

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by Goldielocks
    He got mad at me last week because it was his birthday.
    Was he turning 5?

Originally Posted by MissCanuck
    Was he turning 5?
    No, they've been together 9 years. My initial read was that the relationship started at age 5, since it all sounds more pretty par for the course for freshman year of high school, and they've got a good bead on a fake-ID source in order to get the wine.

But then I did some scrolling back through past threads, and Goldie? You've either been miserable in this for most of the past 9 years, and it's time to call it, or you greatly enjoy this tumultuous rollercoaster, and it's time to accept that and enjoy the ride.

The wine and the chairs will be replaced by something else in a few days or a few weeksóbeer and stools, maybe. This is how it goes, how you two function. Don't take it personally. It's not you, it's not him. It's you two together.

Why not be honest with yourself and decide on how much longer you're going to put up with this Bozo? I'd tell him to hit the road, and take his tantrums/ignorance with him.

I didn't even read it all. Once someone is name calling and talking about breaking up, it's past due.

Sooooo what has to happen, how much worse do things need to get for you to finally wake up and dump this loser?

He cheats on you, he is verbally and emotionally abusive, he treats you like dirt, he is always angry, you are always walking on eggshells, etc., etc., etc.

OP - you don't need therapy or counseling, you need to gtfo of this nightmare you call a relationship. What's really holding you stuck like this? Money? Rent? What? Don't say love, because that's not what love looks like.

He sounds like a spoiled brat. You've been dating him for 9 years and putting up with all his _____ for too long.

No, you're not a bad person. He has anger management issues. Your boyfriend is a very unreasonable person with an explosive temper.

Since he's always bringing up the subject of wanting to break up with you, break up with him. You deserve a man, not a whiny boy.

When someone continually threatens to break up with you and then doesn't, it's abusive and manipulative.

It's a threat to abandon you and the relationship. That's the largest weapon anyone has in a relationship. The only reason he uses it and then chooses to not act on it is to wear you down and break your spirit.

I had someone do that to me a few times. When I realized what was going on, I warned him that the next time he did it, I'd hold him to it.

Within a week he did it again. I took him at his word, never went back and he spiraled into a hysterical mess and acted like I was the bad guy. And I was right, he never intended on ending the relationship. He just did it to try to manipulate me into getting what he wanted.

Dump this chump.....

Regardless of any circumstances, if I had a BF that told me I was a horrible person who he's been wanting to break up with, I'd tell him that I'm sparing him the trouble. If we lived together, I'd meet with an attorney or legal aid to learn my rights and options to dissolve the household and liberate myself.

I don't have room in my life for anyone who would characterize me as horrible or threaten me with a breakup. My bottom line standard for any kind of relationship is that we are in it to lift one another UP, not tear each other down. I'd be far better off without such a person in my life. Period.

To be a good catch, they have to have integrity, a good attitude, and no major issues.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Give Advice
Ask For Advice