Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Thread: Advice needed. Not sure where to post this? Has anyone had a similar situation?

Originally Posted by Chloej123
    I spoke to a local adviser this morning. They advised if I set up a payment plan, which I have for my maximum affordability, technically he could still take me to court. Whether he won or not would be a different matter.

So it seems that although I have offered this and he is still continuing the demanding emails, they canít do a lot more.

I guess Iím fearful of what he does next etc as a person
    You never did respond to what the value $ of this trip was

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by reinventmyself
    You never did respond to what the value $ of this trip was
    She said 10k. It was a trip to Dubai.

That's because you were foolish enough to set up a "payment plan", rather than block and delete him On EVERYTHING and let him sue you if he wants to. As this adviser stated, whether he could win is another matter. Very foolish to keep engaging him and set up this "payment plan" nonsense.

Now that you established it was a loan by doing this "payment plan", yes, he can now demand payment in full. He's not a bank or credit card. Now you may have to take out a loan to pay him back in full because you engaged him, admitted it's a loan and set up this ridiculous "payment plan".
    Originally Posted by Chloej123
    I spoke to a local adviser this morning. technically he could still take me to court. Whether he won or not would be a different matter.

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by boltnrun
    She said 10k. It was a trip to Dubai.
    Ten thousand for Dubai. Yikes.

Either before the trip or directly after, she had already put into writing that she would pay him. In a court of law, that would be seen as a legally binding contract.

I doubt that he would take her to court, but you never know. I think setting up the payment plan is the right thing to do. As I said earlier, sending him a check each month does not require her to communicate with him in any way.

Bronze Member
    Well, I paid him. I now hope I can close this chapter and thread for good! Thank you for all the advice Iíve been given

Platinum Member
    So, you did have the money?

Did you have to take out a loan?

Platinum Member
    This is kind of like the pregnancy thing. A whole lot of angst over nothing.

I wonder what the next conflict will be over. Because there absolutely will be another one.

You never responded to my question. With over 8 million people in London how is it you keep meeting guys he knows? Are you still hanging out with the footballers?

Bronze Member
    No, I paid myself. It wasnít financially sensible, but I canít rest with him still having that tie to me in some way

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Give Advice
Ask For Advice