Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: advice please! Short term ever salvageable?

Platinum Member
    What attracts you to this dynamic.? She has a boatload of problems and is incapable of ANY relationship. This girl needs therapy! Stop excusing her loony behavior.

You also have self esteem issues, or you would not be attracted to this mess of a woman.

Next time, someone tells you about their pattern of emotional unavailability, run!

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by Gary Snyder
    Well, you told her you are leaving her. How would you think she would react?
    He was only leaving for three months. C'mon. Something is wrong with her!

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by theantman20
    Never had I been so content in the person I called mine. And it was only a few real moments of strife in half a year of dating. I understood her well, sometimes better than she knew herself because she canít read herself.
    Evidently not, or you wouldn't be posting here. You'd have seen this break-up coming and wouldn't be so puzzled as to what to do from here.

I don't mean that to be harsh, but I think you are painting a much brighter picture now in an attempt to convince yourself she might come back. It's easier to try to tell ourselves that we are the one person who understood someone like this; I have dated men with similar characteristics before and indulged in a little of that self-aggrandizement too. It eases the sting of rejection.

But the truth is, most people like this are years away from really being ready to commit. And it's usually not with people they've already burned. She may sort out her issues someday. Or she may be content to continue dabbling in shorter-term, more superficial relationships. The point is that you would be wise not to go back for more; she isn't in a place in her life where it's likely to work out well.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Give Advice
Ask For Advice