How to live with chronic pain/nerve pain.

I am going completely insane currently. I have constant pain with my ears and I can't cope.

I've had more operations on them than I can remember, from grommets and polyps to mastoid removal. A lot of trauma basically. And now I am left with pain I cannot manage. I can't take the meds that supposedly help with nerve pain due to a as yet unknown affect, heart condition, and the effects of one of the ones that is known to be ok.

So anyone here know of any ways to manage? As it's making me feel suicidal all over again, and irrationally angry at my boyfriend for wanting me to live.😡😢

Sarah, England. I've not seen a neurologist or anything, currently awaiting cardiology appointment (October time) and have been under ent nearly all my life. Saraphim, no they've tried me on amitriptyline, but I have to take it at a specific time else it affects me the next day, and due to my work I can't always take it at that time.

I have some, but not medical grade it isn't legal over here unless you've got severe epilepsy, and even then have a huge fight on your hands to be able to keep it. UK is backwards. What I have isn't making a blind bit of difference. I wish I knew how to cope, being in this level of pain constantly is making me suicidal.

They can't do anything to help. They won't help me if I say I'll defer pregnancy, unless I go on bc. They can't give me anti depressants due to qt wave. I want to die. N point in having standard pks cause they do nothing. I can go to talking therapies, but in nhs the wait is stupidly long if they'll even see me for it and I can't afford it myself.

I really want to give up. Why is it selfish to want to die??

Well I had my latest ecg, no long qt wave, not a normal ecg though, looks like I have a viral infection, not that I'm surprised, my lymph nodes have been up and down (still noticeable) since January. But I've had far too much blood taken, so hopefully they can get to the bottom of it. I wonder if it'll give answers to the pain. Cardiologist was surprised my throat doesn't hurt cause is apparently swollen.

Archived