Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Long distance break up

As cold as this sounds, I'm going to do this in 2 stages. She has an exam coming up this week so I don't want to do anything just yet. However after that's done, I'll send her a text that probably won't blindside her too much, and ask if we can speak through voice chat at some point that evening as I have something serious I want to discuss about the relationship. Then when we speak, I'll say something from a script such as the below:

Okay here goes. I donít think itís working with us anymore. Long distance is hard, and I thought I could handle it, but as time goes by I donít think I can anymore. I think itís best if we break up to be honest. Trust me, I wouldnít be saying this if I felt there were any other options and Iíve wrestled with this decision for a while. I canít control how I feel and I wish I did feel differently but I would be lying to myself and worse, lying to you if we continued how we are. I know this hurts and feel free to hate me, but just know that Iíll always care for you. Our friends are still our friends, donít ever feel that they are not. If I thought we could work at this, then I would, and believe me I have tried to. Youíre a great person with a heart of gold, but I canít do it anymore. Iím not going to blow smoke and do the clichťs of ďwe can still be friendsĒ or ďits not me its youĒ as you deserve more than that. All I can say is, I am sorry, but itís over.

I know that could sound harsh, and I want to be respectful. However at the end of the day, I'm breaking someone's heart so I'm never not going to be able to avoid it. Any thoughts?

Your post is really heartbreaking to read. Almost the same exact situation as my ex and I. We broke up just over a week ago under the same circumstances. The only difference being that we live in the same country and had plans to move in together the weekend he ended things.

I hope how you feel about your soon to be ex isn't how my ex felt/feel about me. But ignorance is bliss.

LDR's are like penny stocks. Extremely volatile and high risk, with a once-in-a-blue-moon reward. It's like when you have a fish on the line, you let the line go slack and it's over. 40 miles max, otherwise, you're going to spend 10 years playing hide-and-seek between her phone fell in the pool and all off a sudden she remembered that she needs to go on a conference trip. And and at the end, she'll tell you that she is happy being single, and you'll be left holding the proverbial bag. It's hard enough for people to find 10 seconds a day sending a good morning / good night text, let alone actually do anything substantial with you when LDR means you have to plan things out.

4. 08-05-2019, 08:36 AM
    Reason
    Trolling

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Give Advice
Ask For Advice