LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: First Date Discussion

Gold Member
    I wish I looked at this post sooner. I'm chiming in late, but that is rude behavior, and not only did he text throughout the date, he had to let it be known it was multiple so-called ex-tinder dates, "just friends" (yeah, right), and took it one step further to let you know one of them is sweet on him. I'm not sure what his motivation was to be so blatantly rude with these other women, but it would be a complete turn-off for me. Put your past in the past. I have no desire to date someone with orbiters and there's usually more going on when there are orbiters. I'm also not interested in someone who continues to date a ton of women. When he's ready to settle down, and he loses more than one valuable woman over his box of knickknacks, he'll prioritize. I certainly have no desire to be the teacher on this.

I can see him keeping his phone out because of the kids, and reading the notifications, but to actively write back...no. The second issue is that he received multiple messages from more than one woman the whole night...something is amiss. I'd take a pass on this one.

A few points:

- Who pays - the man pays for dates (or at least offers to). That will never change.

- Phones should be put away on dates.

- Deleting his profile after one meet is weird. He has issues.

Sounds like he's a wanna be player replete with making a point of all the women chasing him and the 'delete the profile' line to get in your pants. Sounds like a dork. How old is he? Is this midlife crisis or total inexperience with jumping back into the dating world after marriage/a LTR? How long has he been single?
    Originally Posted by ahottmess
    - it might have been in an effort to let me know “others” are interested in him.
    -Today he let me know he deleted his profile on the dating site to focus on me

For everyone: I opted to text him and let him know how I felt about the phone ordeal over dinner. He didn’t see any issue with it since he told me up front who he was talking to i therefore told him he might want to rejoin POF because I wasn’t interested.

There was a reply text before I blocked him with about 20 cuss words (coming from a man claiming to be an active Christian) and some other derogatory terms. BLOCKED!

Thanks for all the responses

Whoa—sorry you had to deal with that. I've heard of such encounters—and have brushed up against some sharp thorns myself on first dates. Bummer, but don't let it taint the dating experience too much. Bad apple in a big orchard. Keep on picking—or, well, swiping.

Gold Member
    Maybe he was "trying something."

See, if he tells you about all these multiple women, maybe you'll just stick around...at least he was honest, right? Bwhahahaha!

It would be rude to be texting constantly with his mom, kids, sister, brother, best bud, gramma...it's just rude. It's worse that he's actively texting other dates and orbiters during your date.

This guy is going to have a rude awakening. Maybe he'll find himself a doormat.

I'm storing this one in my "bad date stories to share" brain folder.

Sorry about the cuss-fest and name-calling. People who know they're wrong tend to respond with teeth and claws when they get called out on their bad behavior or you don't comply. You just got a dose of it. Try not to let it get to you. He was a jerk and we all know it. Even without the women, he was just plain rude.

Platinum Member
    For everyone: I opted to text him and let him know how I felt about the phone ordeal over dinner. He didn’t see any issue with it since he told me up front who he was talking to i therefore told him he might want to rejoin POF because I wasn’t interested.

There was a reply text before I blocked him with about 20 cuss words (coming from a man claiming to be an active Christian) and some other derogatory terms. BLOCKED!

Thanks for all the responses
    Ok so he is a jerk lol
    Not necessarily because of his phone use , that is rude, but because of his over the top reaction to getting rejected.

I’m now curious as to how he had any ex online date friends? If he handles it that badly?

I’d leave him unblocked just to have a giggle at any more texts he might send (without replying of course) lol

lol 😂 I might just do that and I have no idea how he has any who are friends I guess they’re the ones he rejected as dating material

Platinum Member
    lol 😂 I might just do that and I have no idea how he has any who are friends I guess they’re the ones he rejected as dating material
    Was thinking that too!!
    Haha so you were his chosen one lol How dare you reject him 😂

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Give Advice
Ask For Advice