LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: First Date Discussion

Originally Posted by Billie28
    He does seem rude and a bit off telling you he is texting other women so Iíd pass on him.

However,

ďOne other thing, when we were leaving at the register she said ďis this together or separate?Ē And he replied ďI guess together will work!Ē Hello!!!! You asked me to dinner it seemed a bit like he expected me to jump in and pay for myselfĒ

Iím not sure if you have previous experience with online dating but the first meet is just that. Itís not a date.
    You should offer to pay your way.
    If he hadnít said ďIíd like to take you out on a date tomorrow night, Iíd agree but he himself said dateĒ

Originally Posted by Hollyj
    It's more than a bit rude. It is a total deal breaker. I hope you are not considering dating him again?
    Nope! Moving on...it was a dealbreaker.

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by Tinydance
    Sorry but he sounds weird! He has met you only once and he already decided to delete his dating site profile for you? And if he wanted to focus on you then why did he text other women during your date and told you about it? Something sounds very off about this...
    I agree. This guy is a total creep!

He was incredibly rude!!!!

After that, I hope he enjoys future dates with his cell phone!

Adios!

No, you're not wrong. His cell phone takes priority over you. I'd politely let him go. He's not for you. You can do so much better.

I'm sorry...I don't see it that way. I'm old....and everyone I know has there phone out for this reason or that...even just to look at facebook! He let you know that they 'weren't dates'....heck I went out with a guy for about a month...and I invited him to a timeshare with me. He met up with a girl at a park before he got to my place....then as he was at the condo...he was texting girls from POF. I got so mad...he said, it's not a dating site...it's a social site. WTH???

But this guy might be young and didn't realize you didn't like his phone out...and his texting while on a date with you. As for him deleting his profile....after 1 date. My sister and her future husband met on eHarmony. Her account was just ending and he canceled out his, and sent her his email. On the second date he said he thought he was falling in love with her. She was in her 40's...him about 50. They were married in about a year...and just celebrated their 10th anniversary.

I would go out with this guy again...but say playfully....I hope that I can keep your attention while we're out on our next date, and you won't have to resort to texting on your phone! I just chalk it up to clueless! What one person sees as rude and a deal breaker, another thinks...eh...bigger deal breakers out there than being attached to their phone!
    I find it hard to find someone you like....and they like you back. I would see him a couple times more, and see where it goes. IMO you must not be that interested in him, to let him go that easily.

And about the check...yeah...he thought of it as a date. And what he said...sounded kinda like he was joking around. At least that's how it sounded to me. When I met up with guys...if I didn't like them...I paid for my own meal...so I wouldn't feel obligated. If I did like them (rarely) I let them pay, so it seemed more like a date.

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by ahottmess
    If he hadnít said ďIíd like to take you out on a date tomorrow night, Iíd agree but he himself said dateĒ
    He can call it whatever he wants but you and I both know meeting someone from online is not a date, itís an introduction only. The second meet is a date.
    And therefore you should offer to pay your way.
    But at the end of the day , he did pay for you so whatís the big deal?

Yes, incredibly rude.

The first few dates are meant to be about impressing you. If this is how he impresses, I'd hate to see what's in store for you.

Not only is he not giving you his full attention but he is willing to attend to another woman via text while you're sat right there?
    Seriously, he is a total jerk with no manners whatsoever.

I would tell him, thanks but no thanks. You've got standards, don't settle for bs.

Platinum Member
    I would not go out with him again.

No manners, and tells you he's deleting his dating profile to focus on you after just one meet-up? It was too hard to focus on you when you were right in front of him at dinner, so his reasoning makes zero sense. He sounds insincere.

No thanks.

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by MissCanuck
    I would not go out with him again.

No manners, and tells you he's deleting his dating profile to focus on you after just one meet-up? It was too hard to focus on you when you were right in front of him at dinner, so his reasoning makes zero sense. He sounds insincere.

No thanks.
    Agreed he sounds insincere not because of him checking his messages but replying to them.

The OP was also checking her messages via Fitbit. But you canít reply on a Fitbit.

Is this lack of manners or current day normality?

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by SherrySher
    Yes, incredibly rude.

The first few dates are meant to be about impressing you. If this is how he impresses, I'd hate to see what's in store for you.

Not only is he not giving you his full attention but he is willing to attend to another woman via text while you're sat right there?
    Seriously, he is a total jerk with no manners whatsoever.

I would tell him, thanks but no thanks. You've got standards, don't settle for bs.
    I agree , but we are old school?

Did he notice her checking her messages on her Fitbit?

Isnít making an impression on a first meet mutual?

Iím not quite writing him off as a jerk yet.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Give Advice
Ask For Advice