Girl with a boyfriend flaked and then texted me later

At first I thought it meant she wasnt interested, but because she had a boyfriend I mentioned we should keep it platonic, but when she cancelled and said rain check I just said I understand, and left her alone. She texted me a week later saying she hasnt seen me in a while, but when I respond she ignores me. I am so confused with this one but I'm guessing it more than likely has to do with her boyfriend. We did talk briefly last week, I mentioned I was supposed to be doing my standup comedy show, but our tech guy hasn't shown with the microphone, so I asked if her bar had a microphone and if they did we could do our show at her bar. She said they didn't, but now 1 week later she's advertising karaoke night at bar and tagging me on facebook for it. What in the world? Part of me wants to reach out and say I feel like things are weird between us and I'd like to sit down and talk it out; but another part says that would come off as clingy and needy and push her away more...confused.

irregardless of her seeking attention, and irregardless of my feelings...I really do like our friendship...so in some way I am still attached. Perhaps thats just my liking her overtaking my ability to reason correctly...I've been trying to stay no contact and let her do the pursuing, as I feel like I would be wasting my time by trying to pursue her.

I mean I'd be down with just a FWB if she's into that.....but she's also said she loved me twice...but when she said it it seemed platonic, but then again I haven't even heard her say it to her boyfriend...so idk. She's confusing as all heck. I think it's hard to let go based on the fact we've had a year-long friendship.

Not sure if it means anything, but I changed my profile pic on fb; and she changed hers the next day to a selfie...seemed a little too coincidental...but she hasn't changed her rel. status so I could be reading too much into it. I honestly do feel like she likes me.

Regardless of what she may or may not do...sometimes you really gotta chance it...maybe she will cheat on me, who knows...and if she does, well then I just move on to the next one...but I would never know if I don't give her the chance.

Guess you don’t want a relationship with someone who can connect with you in a meaningful way. Someone In a relationship cannot. Someone fresh out of a relationship can’t either. Even if she does date you now she will just be plugging the hole the ex left.

When you are ready to have a meaningful relationship with someone, as a bare minimum look for someone who is single and us been single long enough to remember who they are

Meh, she will drop you again when she works things out with her boyfriend or starts dating someone else more seriously.

If all you want from her is casual sex, have at it. If you are hoping for something more, you are fooling yourself. She sees you as the fall-back guy.

I mean I'd be down with just a FWB if she's into that.....but she's also said she loved me twice...but when she said it it seemed platonic, but then again I haven't even heard her say it to her boyfriend...so idk. She's confusing as all heck. I think it's hard to let go based on the fact we've had a year-long friendship.

Not sure if it means anything, but I changed my profile pic on fb; and she changed hers the next day to a selfie...seemed a little too coincidental...but she hasn't changed her rel. status so I could be reading too much into it. I honestly do feel like she likes me.

Regardless of what she may or may not do...sometimes you really gotta chance it...maybe she will cheat on me, who knows...and if she does, well then I just move on to the next one...but I would never know if I don't give her the chance.

So now she's single. Sounds like a lot of drama. How old are you?

Archived