Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Can you suggest a career based on my skills and interests ("Parachute" book)?

Platinum Member
    How can you not be suited for something you have a degree in? I mean, if you didn't have an aptitude for it, you would have failed your classes or wouldhave not been accepted into the major. engineering IS creative because you take that creative idea, and work it into something concrete - where it actually can be made and is not just in someone's brain. Its creating even if you don't think its creative

A bit of the work in user experience and design, which I did enjoy and feel suited for, but I do not think I have enough background here to be hired full time as a user experience designer or similar.
    Bridge this gap by pursuing technical writing experience, training development and UX design as a junior on the team. You don't need to apply for senior positions, and you might even pursue jobs in your current field that cross over into these areas to gain more experience. Some classes in the field can also help. Stress this experience on your resume as well as listing the course work you take in it, and this will flag the resume sorting algorithms to raise your resume for such jobs.

Everybody needs to junior in new fields before they can senior. Seek support positions in this field and build your experience and skills over time.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Give Advice
Ask For Advice