Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ex-fwb is acting more loving towards me than what I was expecting?

Ex-fwb is acting more loving towards me than what I was expecting?

So I saw my ex friend with benefits yesterday when we were FWB we were kind of like boyfriend and girlfriend but not official I think the main reason he broke it off was because we were becoming too close. Anyway I told him about a guy I was talking to that reminded me of him and told him I still liked him better and he said good like he wanted to be the main guy in my life. But I saw him for the first time in 2 months he had me come visit him at work we didn't talk for long I told him how I stopped taking to the guy he reminded me of and he put his arms out and hugged me there in front of everyone and didn't let go for about a minute or 2. I've mentioned before going out again and later he mentioned it for tomorrow night going out just us to dinner. I'm confused why he's wanting it to be just us and holding me this way in public in front of people especially ones he works with. Is it possible he wants to go back to fwb or maybe he wants more now? I don't know what's going on and I'm afraid to ask him.

Platinum Member
    My guess is he wants FWB again.

He’s really putting in as little effort as possible, IMO. He had you visit him at his work (ie: where he already had to be) and when YOU asked when you could get together, he said dinner the next night.

This doesn’t sound like someone who is putting in a whole lot of effort and had a major change of heart. It sounds like someone “going with the flow” and taking what’s on offer, IMO.

Platinum Member
    He's not making effort though. You visited him at work and you suggested hanging out.

You should expect more from a guy.

If he broke it off because you were becoming to close he wouldn’t have gotten a girlfriend, commitmentphobe this guy is not. I’m sorry, I know it’s hard not to convince yourself it’s something more than it is.

Does he still have a girlfriend? Either way you’re asking the wrong questions, instead of ‘why is he hugging me in public’ ask yourself why you’re settling for proving yourself worthy to someone who cheats on his girlfriend.

Why are you afraid to ask? Are you hoping he wants to be your boyfriend instead of an FWB?

My personal experience is that an FWB is fully capable of being affectionate in public and wanting to take you out while still not wanting anything more. Him hugging you and wanting to take you for dinner is probably just his way of keeping you on the hook.

Secret2012: What is it you would like to happen with this guy? He holds all the power in this 'thing' you've got going on with him so figure it out and if he's not on the same page as you, continuing on with him is going to have you shredding your own heart.

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by Secret2012
    So I saw my ex friend with benefits yesterday when we were FWB we were kind of like boyfriend and girlfriend but not official I think the main reason he broke it off was because we were becoming too close.
    You said in your last thread he broke it off because he already had a gf. Which is it?

Platinum Member
    Omg she's that girl.

=_= Does this guy still have a gf?

If he wanted to be "the main guy in your life" he would date you and make it exclusive and official, not keep you on a string like a yo-yo for sex. You don't have to decode or guess. He wants noncommittal sex. Date the other guy and cut your losses with the fwb guy.
    Originally Posted by Secret2012
    like he wanted to be the main guy in my life.

Platinum Member
    Yikes, this guy? [Register to see the link]

He is a doosh. Don't open your bedroom door to a doosh.

Raise your standards and forget this guy. He is playing you for a fool in the name of sex.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Give Advice
Ask For Advice