Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Thread: Help. Husband wants to live with elderly parents

Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared
    Originally Posted by Suzy456
    Sadly, the divorce was his suggestion in the heat of the argument, and he meant it. Iím no longer in our house and today Iím back with my parents. Iíve only heard off him once today, simply confirming an appointment with the estate agents next week. I feel so abandoned. I donít know what to do. I think Iíll take up the therapist suggestion to get a load off my chest and hopefully find an amicable way through this.

Thank you all for all your ideas, suggestions and being there to discuss this with.
    Get a good divorce attorney for YOU. Nothing suggested by HIM. I am so sorry it has come to this . But itís better to know now that he has no loyalty to marriage or you. And he is going to be in rough shape when mommy and daddy are gone and he has nobody .

If you are legally married you need an attorney before you can run to a realtor. Especially that he got you to abandon the property. See an attorney asap. Do not try to work this out. It would have been worked out long ago if it's what he wanted. Stop hoping for amicable at this point when his aggression level is so over the top. Worry about being left blindsided because you are failing to protect yourself financially with appropriate legal counsel.
    Originally Posted by Suzy456
    Iím no longer in our house and today Iím back with my parents.

Platinum Member
    I think he wanted to leave you because if he didn't he would suggest he go visit his parents for a week to see how things really are with them and then when he comes back he would know what was feasable. He would know if they were imminently dying or just slowing down and would outlive everybody. He would have agreed to going back and forth for a little bit to make sure the move was the right thing. I am sorry that this happened but you are better off if he is going to be so disrespectful of you.

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by Wiseman2
    If you are legally married you need an attorney before you can run to a realtor. Especially that he got you to abandon the property. See an attorney asap. Do not try to work this out. It would have been worked out long ago if it's what he wanted. Stop hoping for amicable at this point when his aggression level is so over the top. Worry about being left blindsided because you are failing to protect yourself financially with appropriate legal counsel.
    I think you should go back to the house and do not leave unless the lawyer advises it. Do not let him state in the papers that you abandoned him, because my ex tried to pull that - i left the house because i was physically unsafe.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Give Advice
Ask For Advice